We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BKK tour guide question!

Seattletravelee625
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BKK tour guide question!

I am heading to Bangkok for a few days in May, and I am trying to decide if it is worth it to use a tour guide or not. I know people recommend Tong, but considering I am traveling on a budget with one other person, I am not sure it is worth it. Has anyone here had a great experience splitting a tour with other travelers? I would appreciate any input, thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
X2 River Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours
Bangkok My City
Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BKK tour guide question!

I don't think you need a tour guide. Just do your homework, plan your itinerary well before traveling.

A lot of places have their own tour guides for visitors and that's included with admission fee.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BKK tour guide question!

I always travel on a tight budget but I factor in a couple of expensive day tours.. Tong being one of them! The first trip we had Tong I advertised on here for someone to join us and we had a lovely couple from England join us for the day splitting the cost... The second trip I did the same thing and got a nice couple from Melbourne to join us.. This trip I have just had Tong contact me with a lady in your position wanting to join us if we dont mind.. which of course we dont!!

Its a great way to cut costs, and Tong is worth the expense.. let her know you are travelling by yourself and ask if she has any clients that would mind you sharing the tour on the required dates.. or secure a date and tell Tong if someone else requires that date they can join you, then advertise on TA for other travellers to join you!

Good luck!

3. Re: BKK tour guide question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 21:17