We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

Putney, London
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

Considering going to the Bed Supper Club for dinner in Bangkok, any good?

Also can anyone suggest a good place to eat where jazz is played?

And finally, dinner cruise...any ideas of a good boat to choose with preferably a set menu rather than buffet.

Thanks,

Katie

UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

Can help you with Bed Supper Club as personally found it overrated on the food side (just my opinion). Not really my idea of what Bangkok was about and ended up spending a fortune, although looking back I suppose it wasn't that bad a night by the time we got dancing!!!!

Can't help you with Jazz I'm afraid as althoug I know of a few places, have never been to any so a tad unfair to comment.

as for a dinner cruise, then I couldn't recommend Loy Nava enough. A fantastic two hour cruise with good food and good hosts. Google it for info (have doen the Sunset Cruise twice now and it was fantastic).

Bangkok
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

Saxophone on Victory Monument

and

Bamboo Bar at Mandarin Oriental Hotel

and

Niu's on Silom

and

Tokyo's Joe on Sukhumvit

cheers,

Phil

KL, Malaysia
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

I went to Saxaphone Club on Saturday and it was great. There're also having a dinner for 2 promo. Bht370 gets you a 3 course meal + steam rice. Great value considering you're dining in front of the live band (blues and jazz).

It's at Victory monument.

Australia
Level Contributor
215 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

Love the Saxaphone for music and atmosphere.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,047 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

Tokyo Joes is - sadly - out of business. A great loss to the Bangkok music scene. (They also had pretty good food.)

Don't forget Brown Sugar on Soi Sarasin near Lumpini Park. nileguide.com/destination/…616620004

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

Exactly where is "Saxophone" at Victory Monument? It is a large and busy area.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,047 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

When you come off the BTS, keep walking straight ahead on the walkway. Looking down, you'll see a venue called "Victory Point" on your left. Go down to street level, though an area of food stands, and Saxophone is across the soi, a bit to the left.

8. Re: Bed supper club? Or good jazz venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 13:19