We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Forum readers maybe be able to help here. I have just spent 1 month in Thailand and am about to return for another 3 months. I am in the process of applying for a visa for my partner to come to Australia. The problem I have is that the embassy appears to be uncontactable. They give one phone number of 02 3446300. When you ring this number you get an answering service referring you to VFS (Visa Service Provider) on 02 26723476/77/78/79. When you ring this number (if you can get through) you are told that all they do is lodge the application for you and cannot answer specific questions relative to the application. They tell you that only the embassy can answer these questions. Emails that I have sent within Thailand and from Australia result in an Automated Response again telling you to contact VFS who then tell you to contact the embassy. Around in circles we go! Does anybody know how one can actually speak to a staff member by phone relative to visas. Any help would be appreciated as frustration and costs involved in trying to contact is to say the least annoying.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Mate, try over here;

thaivisa.com/forum/Visas-migration-countries…

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Thanks fourb2 but have been there and done all that. This particular visa (Prospective Partner) must be lodged in Thailand and I really want to know how to get to speak to a "real" person at Australian Embassy.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

The quote below is taken from the Australian Embassy Website, Bangkok.

Application Forms and further information are available at www.immi.gov.au

"Any applicant wishing to personally speak with an Immigration Officer about their migration visa application may do so by visiting the Visa Application Centre between 14:00 and 16:00 hrs each working Tuesday and Thursday of the week. Staff from the Visa and Immigration Office of the Australian Embassy Bangkok will be available to address queries and meet with applicants wishing to lodge migration visa application at the Australian Visa Application Centre."

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Thanks Yonny but have read that also. Alright if you are in Bangkok it is easy. But if you are in say Patong or Chiang Rai then how do you contact them by phone to make the appointment. No point in flying in and joining a queue where you may or may not be seen, Thanks anyway.

Loei, Thailand
Level Contributor
518 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Are you still in Australia? Could you not ring immigration here if it is just some queries that need answering - or does your partner need to be there also?

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Hi Somnomna. Immigration in Canberra have been terrific and have helped with most matters. Staff that I have spoken to there say that the visa process in Bangkok is good but acknowledge that they are very difficult to contact whether by phone or email. This is what I need to do to finalise some matters from the Thai end. I would hate to be an aussie in real trouble over there and needing their assistance! Communication Breakdown!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

If you are in Australia you can just ring the Immigration number - they do answer your queries, but you may have to be On Hold a while.

You need to write all your questions down so you get value for time, once you get a Person to speak to.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Thanks Yonny. Immigration in Canberra are great but they cannot help me get an appointment in Bangkok which is what I need.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

Just a note Bigfish - you cannot apply for a Visa for your partner - they have to do it for themselves.

Therefore, if you approach the task from a different angle, it may be more straightforward.

Why not assist your partner to download the relevent Visa Form from the Internet (Tourist/Student/Marriage/Business etc), and then they fill it in (you can assist where necessary) and provide all the information/evidence requested, and then submit with fee.

If the Visa Dept requires an appointment they will make one, and your partner would have an opportuntiy to ask questions at that time.

General questions can easily be answered by Immigration Dept in Australia, but it is not until they receive a specific Visa Application, and all facts are presented, that they can comment specifically.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok?

On a lighter note, Bigfish. If you are an Aussie in trouble in Bangkok, you approach the Consular Section of the Embassy, and can present yourself during opening hours, at the Embassy, where you will receive assistance directly.

Out of office hours, a phone call will redirect you, for emergency assistance, to Bangkok or Canberra.