We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7nights in Bangkok - looking for must do tours/sightseeing

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
7nights in Bangkok - looking for must do tours/sightseeing

Will be visiting Bangkok as first timers early August for 7 nights with hubby.

Am looking for must do tours, sightseeing, things to do. There is plenty on the net (been looking at Viator) as far as tours go, but I am seeking personal recommendations and will go from there.

Will definitely do a dinner cruise - which one is the question.

We want to make the most of the trip. Will only do day tours as accommodation is booked for the 7 nights in Bangkok.

Thanks in anticiaption

Co Van Kessel Bangkok Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Boat Tours
Follow Me Bike Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Withlocals
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips, City Tours
Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7nights in Bangkok - looking for must do tours/sightseeing

Dinner cruise - http://www.loynava.com definately one of the best.

Sighseeing: Grand Palace & Temple of the Emerald Buddha (in the same compound), Wat Pho (reclining Buddha) right behind, Lak Muang (City Pillar Shrine) in front of the Grand Palace. Wat Arun.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
853 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7nights in Bangkok - looking for must do tours/sightseeing

A day trip to Kanchanaburi for the Bridge on the River Kwai, ride the railway to the end and then go to the Tiger Temple and then back to Bridge for lunch is a great day out, you can also get a long tail boat ride on the River Kwai.

Company we used last time is called Rich Shop Transport and you can contact then at rusanee@hotmail.com We found them to be great the twice we have used them, have an airconditioned 10 seater van for your personal use and the drivers are very good.

There is also a guide called Tong who is mentioned a lot on this forum who does day trips as well.

Also what about a half day to the Floating Market and then some temples in Bangkok - we also did this with Rich Shop.

Another one is a day trip to Ayuttayah, go up on the bus and come back by boat, trip includes lunch.

Just a few suggestions, we are doing the Ayuttayan one in September when in Bangkok - lots of tour companies have this. Cheers, Karen

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7nights in Bangkok - looking for must do tours/sightseeing

Chatuchak weekend market is quite a facinating place, but be warned it is vast and could easily take the best part of the day to go round. It can also get very hot walking round there. If you decide to go I would suggest an early start to avoid the worst of the crowds.

If you are into hisoric buildings etc (as I am) The Temple of the Dawn is a must I gotta admit I managed to spend nearly a full day there it is a large site but then I am VERY into that sort of thing.

Day trip by bus to the coast for a chill out day in the middle of your Bangkok days might be nice too to recharge the batteries, only about 2 hours on a comfortable air conditioned bus.

4. Re: 7nights in Bangkok - looking for must do tours/sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 07:21