We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will i make it..

Sydney
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Topic
will i make it..

My flight leaves Bangkok at 3:40pm on a sunday..

Im having a look at air asia flights and they have one leaving Phuket at 9:00am arriving at like 10:00am.. and the 2nd option is leave Phuket at 12:50 and arrive in bangkok at 14:05..

will i make it on the 12:50 flight.. or should i go early and be at bangkok at 10.. just incase flights are delayed or something??

or will arriving at 14:05 be ok to catch the 3:40pm flight home?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: will i make it..

alwayws better to be safe :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: will i make it..

Hi Kimberley.

I would take the earlier option,we flew Air Asia in May and June,our first flight was delayed by about an hour maybe a bit more our next 2 were 25 minutes and 20minutes early on the ground.Our next flight was cancelled and we were rebooked on the next flight,luggage seemed to be very slow getting from plane to carosel.None of this affected us but in your case it could,if everything was on time you would possibly be ok but if not you risk missing your flight.

Kevin

Sydney
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: will i make it..

yeah thats what i thought... as i have read a few reviews about how air asia flights are usually delayed or cancelled.

I wish there was a flight in between , but i guess i should book the 9:00am flight..

i just wanted to avoid the long boring wait at the airport...

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will i make it..

Check that your Air Asia flight goes to same Airport....International flights leave from Suvarnabhumi(BKK) and budget airlines mostly use Don Muang Airport (DMK).

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,798 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will i make it..

<<budget airlines mostly use Don Muang Airport (DMK)>>

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!!

Air Asia flies from Suvarnabhumi ONLY.

Only Nok Air and 1-2-Go use Don Mueang.

Sydney
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: will i make it..

argghhh more dramas!!!..

singapore airlines just rang me, to tell me that the 3:40pm flight is now gonne be a 11:40am flight.. this has really stuffed me up now..

i cant find any air asia flights early in the morning.. :(

whyyy....

they are trying to get me on a later flight, but if not my options are to

a) get on the 11:40am flight, but it means i have to get to bangkok the night before, which is a big waste of time..

or B) fly out a day later...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: will i make it..

Have you tried bangkokair, their prices are similar to those of Airasia, and if airasia have a habit of cancelling/postponing flights maybe bangkokair might be a better option.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: will i make it..

The early Thai Air flight to Bangkok shouldn't cost much over AU$100. Problem solved.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,457 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: will i make it..

Spend your last night in Bangkok. It will make it easier to make your connections.

Too many tourists try to skip Bangkok when they arrive in Thailand and run into other problems with connections or hotels or long airport delays. Same for when they leave. Sometimes those cheap flights cost quite a bit more when you miss your expensive flight home!

You should spend the last night or two in Bangkok especially if you blew it off when you arrived and just headed out to only a beach. In Bangkok you can do some last minute shopping, probably get some items cheaper than Phuket. Take an evening dinner cruise, see the city a little. Taking a taxi in Bangkok is cheaper than taking a taxi in Phuket too! Pay the meter fare only when in Bangkok, a meter taxi is cheaper than a tuk-tuk for tourists.

Good luck.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: will i make it..

Kimberley,

I seem to remember that you absolutely despised Bangkok last year and couldn't wait to leave :)

In this case I'd also make the sacrifice and spend the night. It just seems safer.

Cheers,

Michelle