We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to travel from Silom road to BKK airport

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Time to travel from Silom road to BKK airport

Please can anyone advise how long I should allow to get from Holiday Inn, Silom Road to BKK via taxi, I need to be at the airport for 12.00 hours (thus allowing me 2 hours to find my check in desk for a 14.00 flight).

Also, how much should I expect to pay?

Many thanks

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time to travel from Silom road to BKK airport

30-50 minutes and 300-350 THB give or take.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time to travel from Silom road to BKK airport

Fourb2, thanks for that. Is that cost by hailing one down? Is it more expensive if my hotel arrange a taxi to collect us from the hotel. Is this a via a metered taxi?

London
Level Contributor
335 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time to travel from Silom road to BKK airport

I've stayed at the HI Silom a couple of times now.

As you head for the exit, the concierge/bell boys will ask if you want a taxi and hail a metered one from the street.

Make sure you insist they put the meter on - they will try not to but if they refuse, get out and the hotel will get you another on.

It doesn't cost any more money. It's roughly 350 baht and 30 mins sounds about right. If you get the taxi at 11am you'll have loads of time.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time to travel from Silom road to BKK airport

Hi, I stayed at the H.I Silom last year and the taxi journey was approximately 30 mins to the airport. The concierge arranged a taxi for us and it was 500BHT.

5. Re: Time to travel from Silom road to BKK airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2009, 07:16