We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best soi in sukumvit?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
best soi in sukumvit?

i'm trying to stay in this area. which soi/area should i try to find a hotel? I like bars/restaurants, shopping, and not too seedy nightlife. Also, any hotels suggestions? I'll be on my honeymoon. Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Lower Sukhumvit is the area. The real seedy nightlife will be confined to plazas such as Nana Plaza (on Soi 4), Soi Cowboy running parallel to Sukhumvit between soi Asoke and Soi 23) and Queens Park Plaza (on soi 22). You'll see the working women on Sukhumvit but it I doubt you'll pay much attention to it. As for hotel, let us know your budget and, if you know, the style of hotel you like (small and personal, big brand, boutique, etc) and the forum will provide you with more choices than you could imagine.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Try Soi 11, some decent nightclubs, and hotels such as Citadines, Le Fenix, Swiis Park etc.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,768 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Hi,

As tpatrick and Dragonc noted very accurately, there is a plethora of hotels on and near the Sukhumvit road area that can suit almost any accommodation need..

The largest concentration of hotels generally is located from Phrom Phong area down to the expressway..

Remember that there are some excellent hotels that are not directly on the BTS line, but are only a very short, walkable distance to a nearby station..

Travel Safe,

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,255 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

If I were in Bangkok on my honeymoon, I'd stay away from Sukhumvit in general, frankly, and choose a luxury hotel on the Riverside.

But if Suk is your heart's desire, do go for one of the higher-numbered sois, say above soi 20. (I guess the Sheraton Grande and the Westin Grande would be OK, as well.)

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,767 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Suggest lower Suk - great area for shopping, restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. As for the seedy aspect mentioned, I doubt you'd even notice unless someone told you. :)

Any rate suggest Majestic Grande or Landmark. If price is no option then a hotel by the river as Bill suggested. ;)

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Hi ,

enyone has info about the Golden Palace hotel at soi 1, looks good from the picture,s and has a swimmingpool rates 1150 - 1350bth.

Willem

California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Hi;

There are plenty of business people and couple with

family staying Sukhumvit hotels. At the lower soi ,try the Landmark or Marriott hotels or Atmari on soi5. Soi 11 is also a good place to stay in Bangkok. Soi2 Majestic Grande is another value .

As far as nightlife entertainments, You don't even know or notice any activity in and around the hotels .You have to look for them , just don't ask

the Tuk Tuk drivers with the show girls card .

They will scam with a Big smile

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Try the Phrom Pong area Sukhumvit 18 and higher.

Hotels located in that area would be Imperial Queens Park, Davis Hotels, Emporium Suites.

Lots of Restaurants and not seedy.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Its not on Sukhumvit but Le Meridien is a great honeymoon choice for a young couple. Its near patpong but that's pretty tame as a redlight district these days. There is more shopping than anything with plenty of good restaurants near the area.

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Bangkok
Le Meridien Bangkok
3,840 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best soi in sukumvit?

Hi;

For a young honeymoon couple , I wouldn't

stay on the Sukhumvit road hotel at all.

The best are riverside hotels . Le Meridien is a new

hotel and expensive too close to Patpong for comfort.

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Bangkok
Le Meridien Bangkok
3,840 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand