We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle Tour With Absolute Explorer Meeting Point

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bicycle Tour With Absolute Explorer Meeting Point

After much searching and reading of all the bicycle tours to choose from, I have opted for absolute explorer. http://www.absoluteexplorer.com/index.htm

I have looked through their website for their meeting point (for the half day tour) and cant find their meeting point.

We fly into bangkok at 7.00am and plan to do the trip which starts at 10.00am. I know its a bit tight, but we're only in Bangkok for 1 day/1 night, so this is our only opportunity, and have done all the temple/rose garden/floating market thing last time we were in BKK.

We are booked to stay at Holiday Inn, Silom Road but may cancel the booking if its too far away from the meeting point. Bearing in mind soon as we arrive at our hotel 08.00ish we'll be off to bed for an hour. So less travelling to the meeting point will be better.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycle Tour With Absolute Explorer Meeting Point

Hi i hope you enjoy your cycle tour. I have been making enquiries with Grasshopper and Recreation Bangkok. If you e mail and tell them where you are staying and ask for the best way to get to their office and how long to allow, they will reply with maps etc . For Grasshopper you are advised to go by Sky train ,then ferry. Recreational Bangkok is about 4 kms away from where you are staying, and they advise by taxi.

I will look into absolute as an option for myself.

Kind Regards

John

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycle Tour With Absolute Explorer Meeting Point

Hi John,

Well I thought Id found just about every bicycle tour going, but havent come across Grasshopper and Recreation Bangkok, I will have a look at them, cheers.

Absolute Explorer looked far better than the others and takes you further into the courtyside (1 hour train ride away, included in the price). All the reviews were good, but I think what swayed it for me is that the tour guide take photos of you/your group enroute and posts them on their website. And the groups are much smaller - I think they aim for 6 maximum.

3. Re: Bicycle Tour With Absolute Explorer Meeting Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 05:24