We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

silom to grand palace

manila
3 posts
Save Topic
silom to grand palace

how long will it take to get to grand palace from silom?? is it really a 6-7km trip?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: silom to grand palace

Easiest, most fun and also often fastest way from Silom Road to Grand Palace is by river -

Go to Saphan Taksin Skytrain station/Tha Sathorn pier under the bridge or the Oriental Pier (the public one) and catch the Chao Phrya Express boat coming from your left. Get off at Tha Chang pier and alk straign out through the market. The Grand Palace entrance is a 2-3 minute walk right ahead. Total journey time about 30-40 minutes. Taking a taxi would be a lot longer (ad more expensive) due to traffic.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: silom to grand palace

Thanks for quoting me :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: silom to grand palace

"Thanks for quoting me :)"

I guess that when you're right, you're right! ;-)

As you approach the Sathorn Pier, you will have to navigate all sorts of touts and vendors selling all sorts of excursions. The ticket seller you need is at this table, just before the ramp to the dock:

cheapeatsbangkok.com/photos/thai/express_tic…

4. Re: silom to grand palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2010, 05:16