We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

Well, we like to look of this hotel but can anyone help me more about this hotel . We'll be travelling with a 3yr old and will bring a stroller with us to use along the way.

1. how bad is the traffic between Lebua to the air port.

2. how close to walk from here to closest BTS or Drive ( traffic )

3. we like to go to Safari world, suan siam water park and dusit zoo ! will it be too difficult to visit these places from Lebua ?

4. what about shopping mall ! any close by !

5. Local food store and restaurant, super market close by

We just to minimise travelling time getting stuck in the traffic jam special with the little one. Thanks

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

Closest restaurants are in State Tower Buildning, remember that there are many more options, not only Sirocco, which is great for drinks.

Local food stalls are behind the hotel on smaller sois.

See some more restaurants on Silom area :

travelfish.org/eatandmeet/…eat

Supermarket is at Central Department stores just a few minutes walk away.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

Lebua State Tower is located next to an Expressway crossing, that means smooth transfer in/out to airport and outside the city located tour destinations.

Silom can be bad at rush hours, even walking can be faster sometimes.

See map at hotels www-pages:

www.lebua.com/bangkok/lebua_bangkok_map.pdf

There you can see hotel location, BTS = skytrain stations, shops etc.

Closes BTS stations are Saphan Taksin or Surasak.

There are shops and restaurants along Silom Road but walking with a stroller can be a heavy duty due high edges on stret level/walking bath.

For shopping centers, take BTS to National Stadium (MBK) or Central (Silom Center, Central World).

UK
Level Contributor
862 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

Its years since we visited but we felt Lebua has seriously scary balconies .i.e a child could easily climb beween the balustrades and fall. At one point I think they stopped acces to the balconies but I don't know if that is still the case. Anyhow as you had a couple of air-con units on the balcony it made for a noisy place to be. Great views though

UK
Level Contributor
862 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

Oh its about a ten minute walk to the Skytrain. There is a Robinsons Department store with a TOPS supermarket about five mins away. We went to Dusit zoo by taxi to see the sunbears as that was the easiest way.

UK
Level Contributor
862 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

Oh its about a ten minute walk to the Skytrain. There is a Robinsons Department store with a TOPS supermarket about five mins away. We went to Dusit zoo by taxi to see the sunbears as that was the easiest way.

Level Contributor
729 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

If you walk around near the hotel there are plenty of places to eat... there is also a hotel shuttle that runs to the sky train (can't remember the frequency).

We mainly used taxi's ... all the ones from the hotel use the meter.... it just finding one to bring you back.

The rooms are family friendly, but I agree the balcony is a little scary if you have small children.

Personally, the hotel is a decent 4* but nothing fancy and if a pool is important I wouldn't rate the pool at this hotel highly.

7. Re: about Lebua at state tower ? help ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2010, 06:25