We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai airline

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Thai airline

I am thinking of using Thai airlines to fly from LHR to BKK in Feb 10 but I am not sure if they still do not have individual monitors for movies, can anyone give me an update that has travelled recently.

Alos I thinking of upgrading to their equiv of Premium Economy does anyone know if it is worth the money?

Cambs
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai airline

Hi Tillygirl

At the moment the flight from LHR to BKK has no backseat TVs. On occasions they have used the airbus which does.(Depending on what flight you are on. We are flying with Thai again in December and they are still using the 747 with no TVs.

You do get good leg room with Thai. Food is good and if your in a group, you can make your own entertainment. They do look after you well.

I dont think they do premium economy equvilant on the LHR to BKK route as yet. The next up it Royal Silk or Business and that is good. Not quite lie flat bed, but a nice angled flat seat.

What ever you do. Have a great time

Maidee

boston england
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai airline

hi tillygirl,

have a look at eva air their planes have more modern comftable seats with seat back tv's, their food and service is good not quite as good thai but fine.we have flown with both and would chose eva .

caz

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai airline

nope they dont have!

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai airline

2nd the advice about looking at eva air..

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai airline

Thanks for all the advice, I have used Eva before but preferred Thai service etc just not the entertainment for the long flight.

Was thinking of Emirates but the stop in Dubai seems too long

6. Re: Thai airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 05:18