We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

We will be in Bangkok in Feb. and would like to have some custom suits made. Any suggestions for high quality work? Thanks!

TAMChicago

guildford
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

Hi there. I found the last time I was in Chiang Mai in Thailand it was easy to get any tailor made clothes easily. Be careful though that you give yourself time - or should I say the tailor. If you have a proper fitting and give them a decent time you will get a better result. The finish often leaves alot to be desired - also watch out that they use quality interfacings - cheap ones laminate like paper. Providing you make this absolutely clear, and you perhaps pay a little extra you should get it. I find wherever you go in the world if you want something providing you have money to pay for it, its no problem! Good luck!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,518 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

Hi,

TAM, the question of "best tailor" is a popular and much debated question on TA.. Do a search of several past threads and you'll find some names that are popular and have a fairly loyal following among tourists and residents alike.

That said, you really do have to allow sufficient time.. A first class suit takes several (3 or even more) separate fittings to insure the best possible end results.. If you have an idea of what you want produced, I'd either bring an existing garment for the tailor to copy or some very detailed photos for them to use as a guide..

Remember that what's fashionable in Thailand may not be in your home country. Lastly, as you check out perspective tailors I'd suggest you ask to see an ready-to-deliver garment to get a feel for their overall workmanship.. Many tailors use centralized shops to do the actual stitching work, but it never hurts to get a feel for their level of workmanship..

Travel Safe,

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

I got to know Pinky, my tailor about 20 years

ago when I was living in Bangkok, tried several tailors but always returned to Pinkys.

After my time in Bangkok I have returned every year and thereafter also introduced his services to my husband and even some other great friends (also big airline bosses from Europe) and Bangkok expats - they all are still happy after several years of tailoring.

Last november noted also that Pinky had been noted in one of the new city guides - Bangkok City Scoops -which is the independet guide to hot spots, hidden finds and real experiences. He told that the writer also knows him during several years and that he never knew that he was a journalist.

Pinky has been very honest and knows exactky what material suits to what garment, I trust on him totally.

Pinky has all kind of materials, from fine italian mixtures and cashmirs to basic and cheaper thais and of course silks and sil mixtures. You can also bring your own material if needed.

No-one will visit his store by accident, no advertising or cheap here! Pinky's shop is well hidden behind the old Mahatum Plaza about 3 min walk from Ploenchit BTS station and you can find his store if you know what you are looking for.

Tel 66 (0)2252-9680

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

I'd suggest you give Crown Tailors in Sukhumvit soi 8 a try. Again, another one of those tailors that wouldn't pull you into the store or hassle you to buy anymore than you want. He's been doing alot of suits for me and over 30 shirts of mine are Crown shirts now.

California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

Hi;

Go to the lower soi Sukhmvit for Good taylor shops in Bangkok.

There are just many shops in the area to pick and choose

with a decent quality & prices.

My own taylor shop is Majestic taylor because I stay at the M.S. hotel

all the times in Bangkok . Quality suit business can be around 1,000 usd

6. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 18:08
7. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 13:23
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

Hi,

I've used the services of Majestic Tailors as well, and was very pleased with quality and service. These are honest guys, who do not pay tuk-tuk drivers to lure customers into their shop. They have an extensive range of fabrics too. Don't expect to bargain. But I certainly did not pay US$ 1000 for a good business suit, two years ago. Something in the 300-400 range. But price depends on the quality of the fabrics. Don't save on the fabric, as the price of workmanship will be the same regardless of the fabric.

9. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 17:37
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
797 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can i go for a good tailor for custom suits?

Alphasea, if you are going to the trouble of registering on this site to promote a/your business you must remember to mention the name of the business.