We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirocco vs Vertigo

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sirocco vs Vertigo

Hi

I am travelling to Bangkok later in the year and was hoping to visit one of the roof-top restaurants. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to which restaurant would be better (eg. in terms of price, service, food and view?).

Also, do they allow you to take photos at either restaurant, as I had heard that you were not allowed to?

Thanks for any help I can get :)

C

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sirocco vs Vertigo

Can't comment on Sirocco speedy but Vertigo is very good, we had a set meal which worked out quite good. The view is excellent and we took photos while we were there.

I noticed a very similiar post to yours not so long ago, type Sirocco v Vertigo in the search engine and you'll see many more opinions, have a good time.

PS We requested a table near the edge which you can ask for if you book in plenty of time.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sirocco vs Vertigo

There are 3 top floor restaurants in Bangkok nowadays, and one of them has several restaurants...

- Sirocco at Lebuan Hotel/Dome on the State Tower (Silom Road) is my personal favorite as it's most stunning. There are several restaurants on several levels, inside and outside.

www.thedomebkk.com/web/corp_home02.html

In the bar GinTonic about 400-500 thb, beer about 400 thb, wine 1000-2000 thb. No booking needed for the bar but highly recommended for the restaurant. Menus can be found in www-pages too. Great live music!

- Vertigo is in Banyan Tree top floor; it has more covered, safe feeling but the food is recommended.

banyantree.com/bangkok/…vertigo.html

- Red Sky at Centara Grand Hotel is the newest one, something between these 2 above and dining options both inside and outside.

centarahotelsresorts.com/cgcw/cgcw_default.a…

Dresscode to all these top floor places is neat but casual; no jeans, shorts, sandals, tennis shoes.

Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sirocco vs Vertigo

Thanks for all of your advice. In terms of service which would you recommend? I had gotten the impression from a few reviews that Sirocco tended to be pickier in terms of dress code etc as well as not allowing photos?

Thanks again

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sirocco vs Vertigo

You would need to dress smart at any of them and no backpacks on you etc. or sandals etc They did state the dress codes on there web sites at one time.

Moon bar at Vertigo is a nice bar to sit around but sirrocco is really stunning.

why not go mad and go to both. lol

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,527 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sirocco vs Vertigo

Hi,

Having been to both a number of times, my own personal favorite is Vertigo-- but that said, I think that the overall difference between the two is quite small.. Both have very good food and a extensive beverage list, service is top notch with stunning views and you'll get an equally situated tab/bill at the end too..

In my mind, the difference lies more in the menu than anything else.. As previously mentioned, you could eat at one and have drinks (perhaps another day) at the other..

Travel Safe,

6. Re: Sirocco vs Vertigo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2010, 05:19