We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost luggage at Male Airport, advice on getting it back

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lost luggage at Male Airport, advice on getting it back

We arrived yesterday on an Air Lanka flight from Heathrow to Male, in the Maldives. Three of our cases were missing. The plane was going on to Columbo. We are staying in Kahahura Maldives. Any advice on whats happened to it or getting it back? We have given our details to the hotel and airport authorities

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost luggage at Male Airport, advice on getting it back

I'm a bit mystified why you are posting in the Bangkok, Thailand forum. Keep chasing Air Lanka.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost luggage at Male Airport, advice on getting it back

Wrong board but anyway - the airline is Srilankan

If I were you I would get the hotel manager involed, he will get someone to make the calls gladly, not passing the buck but I am sure they are familiar with who to call etc and they will have contacts with people at the airport and also at Srilankan

If it was loaded a-ok at Heathrow (?) it has probably gonbe on to Colombo and will probably get back to you on their next flight.

Pressume you did the paperwork at Male Airport - they should have given you a tracking number - ask the hotel to call Srilankan in Male to chase up.

Keep every possible receipt for any expenses you incure for insurance issues.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost luggage at Male Airport, advice on getting it back

I have had bags delayed several times. They have always shown up on the next flight, or next day. One thing I would suggest anyone that has connecting flights in the US on short layovers. Do not purchase anything at duty free places, or declare anything at customs. I have been stopped for a Rose I gave the wife and she carried it through the baggage area. Took two hours at Chicago. 30 seconds to be waived through once they saw the open bag. Had to throw the rose away though. My worse experience anywhere with customs, or immigration has been Chicago. Their TSA are the worse.

4. Re: Lost luggage at Male Airport, advice on getting it back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 05:20