We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

Thanks for your help!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,709 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

And by "breakfast" we mean......?

There will be an endless supply of edibles in the area.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

Breakfast - you know the stuff that you put in your mouth when you wake up in the morning.......?

Just thought there might be a place very close that was recommended to save us looking too much on first morning. We are first time visitors,

Edited: 14 January 2010, 11:36
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

Dynasty Inn Grande and Grand Sukhumvit Hotels both Soi 6.

Soi 8 Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 8, and On8 Hotel on Suk Soi 8 all do Thai and Western Breakfasts.

There are literally dozens of places withing 500 meters of Sukhumvit Soi 6, all you need to do is walk in any direction for 5 minutes.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,709 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

Unless you're staying in one of the greenbelt squatter camps, your hotel should have someplace to eat. It's also doubtful that you can walk a couple hundred meters from your hotel without running into at least a half dozen things to stuff in your mouth. Beyond the sightseeing, Bangkok is eating and shopping.

For the last 30 years, even as a WASP living in the States, my breakfast was usually noodle/rice soups. I doubt that's "the stuff" you've been putting in your morning mouth!

Here, in Thailand, breakfast can consist of just about anything. Often, it is what is left over from the night before.

Rice soup, soy milk with pa tong ko (fried bread), or toast might be considered more "traditional" fare.

As far as traditional Western "brekkies" are concerned, chok dee!

McDonalds now offers a breakfast menu. There are $tarbuck$ all over. Au Bon Pain is popular. These might serve as a light breakfast.

You'll be fine. Besides McDonalds, you'll find Burger King, Sizzler, KFC, Dunkin Donuts, Mr. Donut, and any number of other good places!

I can offer many great dining suggestions. Bangkok food is one of my specialties. But, Western breakfast isn't on my list.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

OK, thank you both.

Pretty sure we will be steering clear of those fast food places but good to know there is lots of places around.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

Starbucks inside NANA shopping center. corner of soi 4, right next to Burger King.. So you can have late breakfast, and early lunch together, then get on with a wonderful day of just plain loafing, and Google Eying everything in site. Kind of Catty Corner from Nana complex. Directly across from the gas station.

Windsor, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

I like the 24 hour food counter inside Foodlands on Soi 5 - which has a mixture of both western and thai. It's very cheap and always good. Other than that, Soi 8 Pub is also a favourite.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,555 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

I like the Foodland Took Lae Dee Restaurant also. Located on Soi 5, daily specials, etc.

On this same soi only a few doors down, same side as Foodland, is the Fortuna Hotel. The Fortuna Hotel has an "all you can eat" breakfast buffet that is open to the public. I have stopped in there several times over the many years. Nothing as elaborate as what you can find in Pattaya but it is okay. Price is around 129 or 139 baht for the buffet. They have Asian and Western foods, cold cereals, eggs to order - lots of stuff and bottomless cup of coffee or tea!

Good luck.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

The BEST place for breakfast in the area you refer to is the Soi 8 pub. It is run by a group of Kiwis and the traditional Aussie/Kiwi breakfast is served all day.

Coffee/tea, the BIG breakfast of sausages, eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast etc will set you back 180 baht ($AUD6). I think you will recognise the value inherent in that as I presume that like most Aussies you won't be seeking congee or noodles for your "traditional" breakfast.

Bon appetit!!!

10. Re: Can anybody recommend a breakfast place near Sukhumvit Soi 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2010, 05:19