We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest Flights

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest Flights

Just wondering which company offer the best Value flights from U.K to Bangkok

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest Flights

Hi,

From your user name I presume you're flying from Newcastle?

If you're flying from Newcastle the KLM/China Airlines via Amsterdam is usually the cheapest and has a short connection time. Emirates also fly from Newcastle, the quality is much better but there is a 7 hour connection in Dubai. I recently got a good deal on the KLM/China through Lastminute.com but i've also used Netflights.com on previous visits. To get the cheapest flights you could fly from Heathrow but then its additional costs of getting to London. Also try sites such as Opodo, travelsupermarket, skyscanner, ebookers etc but they usually all throw out pretty much the same prices. If you're in Newcastle, Gazelle Travel and Courtney Airsavers have also given me decent prices in the past too.

Regards

Edited: 27 January 2010, 14:42
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest Flights

I'm just looking for the cheapest flights emirates from newcastle will work out at just over £500 just wondering what the general average price is.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest Flights

With the exception of Christmas and Summer holidays when prices are very expensive, £500 is pretty much the going rate from Newcastle. I paid just over £500 for my KLM/China flight and that is the cheapest i've paid from my four visits. The cheapest i've ever seen from Newcastle is £450 but that was for very specific dates. If your dates are flexible even by a couple of days it can make a difference to the cost, Lastminute.com site is good for comparing prices this way....when you've browsed for your specific dates click on the flexible dates tab and it shows you all of the fares around your travel period.

Regards

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
983 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest Flights

It depends when you are travelling but that sounds a resonable price from Newcastle, plus emirates are good to fly with.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
352 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest Flights

Eva Air

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest Flights

Thai are offering £509 with free internal return flight in Thailand right now, and Kuwait have departures up until June for £349, both fly from Heathrow however

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest Flights

I'd grab the 500 quid one (if that's from Newcastle)as it's such a pain to get to and fly out of London.Also emirates have the extra 10 kilo's ..making it 30 kilos of luggage which is also good!Again be more specific..when are you going as fares are all over the place at the moment and technically it is still the high season now!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest Flights

If you want relative comfort and seat back tvs etc travel with Emirates.

Kuwait are awful, KLM and Thai use old 747's with main screen showing movies.

I would fly with Emirates and try and get on the connecting Superjumbo A380 from Dubai to Bangkok, that would be an experience.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest Flights

the Emirates 380 DXB-BKK isn't usually on offer for their base rate fares from the uk, shame because it's a great plane

UK
Level Contributor
293 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapest Flights

I recall flying Thai Air from Heathrow to Bangkok and having back seat screen for every passenger with video on dmand (not playing at certain times but you can start a film when you like it). Just like Eva Air.

Am I confusing the two or have they upgraded their planes !? (I'm sure of Eva Air but now doubting Thai Air one... !)