We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

Toronto
12 posts
Save Topic
Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

Travelling to Bangkok in December and am looking for moderately priced hotels with access to outdoor swimming pools and fitness facilities. More generally wondering about gyms in Bangkok.

Also, does anyone know of hotels which have sister hotels/guesthouses (and possibly shittle transportation) to Hua Hin?

thx

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

It depends what you regard as moderately priced.

The JW Marriott on Sukhumvit has a great Gym and pool that Hotel guests can use.With a little reseach it is possible to see if this hotel might be available around your date of travel on Priceline.If successful you can normally get a room incl of tax for about the $75 USD mark.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

One of the best gyms in Bangkok is at the Landmark Hotel in Sukhumvit.They also have great pools.

Check out their website.

3. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2005, 23:28
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

The best rate I have seen for the Landmark is USD116 (asiarooms.com) and the JW Marriot for USD127 (asiarooms.com) both including taxes and breakfast. If this is not moderately priced to you I will suggest Pathumwan Princess Hotel which you can get for USD85 which has an olympic size pool and what is described as a "world class gym" (asiarooms.com). I have found this site to have excellent rates unlike many sites when you get to the payment area and find a huge add on of fees for the sites service charge, with this site the price you see is the price you pay.

Toronto
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

Thx -I'm checking out these suggestions and am noticing quite a difference in the rates quoted depending on which site I go to. Asiarooms seems to be dramatically cheaper to book with...how can there be such a difference??

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

Marriott resort and Spa in bangkok has a 'sister' hotel in Hua Hin, the Marriott Resort and Spa Hua Hin. Both are reasonable value. I would suggest searching Yahoo for local sites for bookings and make sure you go with a service that allows you to request bookings before you have to commit to anything. Also Hyatt Bangkok has a 'sisiter' property, the Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa in Hua hin, aso the Sofitel Group has several bangkok properties plus the Sofitel resort Hua Hin, also Dusit has properties in both locations.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

David this is because they are providing customers with the rates travel agents were previously only able to get. My mother has a travel agents card and the rates still at times beat hers accept for KL and other destinations in Asia. The site is very trust worthy and efficient. I had a terrible experience at the Marriot Spa and Resort in Bangkok. I left my mobile phone on charge at the hotel as it had no battery and went out for a business meeting. On return to the hotel I noticed that my mobile phone had gone missing and the room had been cleaned. This has never happened to me anywhere else in the world and the front desk did not even provide me with an apology or we will investigate into this matter.

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

I am sorry to hear about your awful experience at the Bangkok Marriott Resort and Spa Carla.This hotel gets generally excellent reviews and unfortunately in your case it looks like a bad apple has let the hotel down together with some indifferent treatment from some of the staff.It is a hotel that I have visited and thankfully mine was an enjoyable experience.

With regard to Asiarooms I have read a very mixed bag of reports regarding this company ranging from people like yourself who are delighted with the service and have no complaints to others who have failed to get refunds amongst other things and are in a rage...nick naming them Asiarooms.CON.

They are listed on one tavel forum under "The name and shame" section and in the past I have seen them actually featured on a couple of BKK hotel websites saying that the hotel would not accept any bookings from them since asiarooms were publishing rates that had not been agreed with the hotel.

They have obviously been very honest with regard to your bookings and as previously mentioned also with many other satisfied customers.However in view of what I have read and the fact that they may not necessarily been "whiter than white" I have up to now avoided them.

There rates are indeed competitive but for all of my hotel bookings ranging from 2* to 5* hotels I have always found an alternative internet site that at the very least matches their price.

I have a whole list of links to unhappy asiarooms customers but I am not sure how tripadvisor would feel about me posting them here since the company appear to advertise on this site.

Of course if you want me to post the links I will and we can see if TA allows them to stay.

Regards,

Paul

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

USD 109/110 for the Landmark including tax, service and breakfast is pretty standard from most local Thailand booking services.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels with pools and fitness facilities

David, I believe if you stay a certain number of days with marriott between any of their Bangkok places and either the Pattaya marriott or the Hua hin marriott that they have some special transfer deal, check it with them if you choose Marriott, it might have been some special timed promotion or whatever.