We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooftop restaurant in BKK

Amsterdam
4 posts
Save Topic
rooftop restaurant in BKK

I want to celebrate my 50 aniversary in BKK. I'm looking for a nice restaurant.

There are many nice rooftop restaurants. Can anyone recommend me one. I've been told that the Vertigo must be very nice, but also expensive.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

You will be far better off going to a restaurant at one of the 5* Riverside hotels rather than opting for a couple of Bangkok's vastly overpriced, tourist-orientated rooftop restaurants, which incidentally present very ordinary fare at extraordinary prices.

The cuisine at any of the 5* riverside outlets will be infinitely superior to what you will be presented with at the "rooftops" and it may be, that they will be slightly cheaper as well.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,542 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

Hi,

I'd tend to agree with the previous.. This isn't to say the food is 'bad' or the service is poor-- the food is rather good and the service fine.. But when you consider the price you're paying versus what you get in terms of both food quality, quantity and service, it tends to not be a very good overall value..

In effect, you're paying (thru substantially higher food/drink prices) a steep premium for the view/venue when compared to other places.

You need to decide if that's important to you or not.

Travel Safe,

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

A dinner cruise on the river might be more rewarding.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

When we were in Bangkok just before Christmas, we had dinner at the rooftop Breeze restaurant, after drinks at the Sky Bar, both in the Lebua hotel...

Sky Bar was wonderful, the drinks are not particularly expensive and the view is absolutely unbeatable...

The food at Breeze is very good, the service is the usual extraodinarily friendly Bangkok service, but the bill... oh... my... god. We could have eaten at the very best restaurants in Sydney and stuffed ourselves for the same price. If you are looking for an experience, and price doesn't matter, then try one of the Lebua restaurants, but bring your checkbook.

Amsterdam
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

Thanks, I'll have a look on the riverside restaurants. Hope to find something nice for this special day. Gr. Maria

Amsterdam
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

Thanks. I don't want to spend that much, just a nice evening. Gr. Maria

dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

Lebua gets my vote , and when your 50th is such a great birthday why try and save cash on such a special experience as you will have pleanty of time to save the rest of the year. My wife and I spend two nights in BK each year before we go to HUA HIN and have eaten in lots of top hotels in this wonderfull city however we have never surpassed the Lebua for the overall experience of glamour, style and class. Anyway happy birthday and best of luck and if your there on the 8/9 august i will buy you a drink.

Amsterdam
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

Thank you for the reply. I'll try to find some info on the internet about the Lebua.

I'll be in BKK next week, my birthday is the 24 february. Sorry that we can't have a drink together.

Gr. Maria

Stockholm
Level Contributor
262 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

I would not reccommend the lebua. It is fine for drinks, the view is fantastic. But the food is mediocre, and why do you suppose there are no prices on their online menu?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k336…

oakville ontario
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rooftop restaurant in BKK

We stayed at the Lebua for our 25th anniversary 3 years ago, our first trip to Thailand. We had dinner in the roof top restaurant, food good but being the first time had not worked out the prices yet. Wow! One glass of wine was about $15. We returned this year and didn't go back had dinner on the river alot nicer and cheaper.