We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to beaches

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
46 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to beaches

Are there nice beaches that are accessible for a day trip from Bangkok? If yes which one(s) and what form of transportation do you suggest? Tammy is insistent that she get her beach time but our itinerary goes north with the last three days in Bangkok so that may be our only time. What do you think?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to beaches

Pattaya is a couple of hours by bus or car. You could make a day trip out of it, but I would choose a hotel in Bangkok with a nice pool and skip Pattaya. I am not much of a beach person though.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to beaches

Also Hua Hin which has far better beaches than Pattaya.

I agree though for a day trip it's hardly worth it spending hours in a taxi to get there and then the same going back.

Doing an overnight trip is a far better option as you can not only get the beach time but also accommodation.

Northing worse doing a day trip to go to a beach and then trying to figure out 'how do I get a shower afterwards ' !!!! - think about it :)

If you truly wanted to do it perhaps head to Pattaya Water Park which has the pools but also on the beach, big plus is changing rooms and showers ! Also you can get drinks and lunch / food , entrance was just B 100 per person ( about US$ 3 ), may have gone up but still very cheap

www.pattayapark.com/module.php?id=water_park

Edited: 09 March 2010, 10:53
wigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to beaches

Ko Si Chang is an option from BKK. You will need to head to Si Racha and then catch the boat from the pier. Its has a fairly nice, quiet beach on the other side of the island, a big temple and a few decent places to eat. The boat journey across takes around 40 mins and they run pretty regular, i think the last boat back leaves around 6pm. There are frequent buses to Si Racha but a taxi (from BKK) could take you straight to the pier. Personally, i am not a fan of the beaches in and around Pattaya (the noise of the jet skis drives me nuts.)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to beaches

Hi,

Koh Samet is another possibility.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to beaches

Bang Saen is the closest beach resort to Bangkok, about an hour by car, or a liitle longer by bus from Ekkamai bus station. Very pleasant town that gets few foreign tourists, who head for Pattaya.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
46 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to beaches

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Somehow have to get mama to the beach. You know the old adage, "happy wife - happy life".

Only 18 days and a wake up.

7. Re: Day trip to beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 05:17