We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa requirements

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
774 reviews
Save Topic
Visa requirements

I am having difficulty finding the information I require about visa requirements. I arrive in Bangkok next week for 2 nights stay on the way to Sydney from the UK. My flight arrives about 3.30pm in the afternoon. Can anyone talk me through the immigration, visa requirements for such a short say and if there is currently any charge. Both our passports have more than a year left to run.

Thanks, Bob

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa requirements

No problems for UK citizens as you will be given a 30 day visa exempt stamp on arrival.

No cost, just fill out the forms handed to you on the inbound flight.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,761 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa requirements

Hi,

I will assume you are one of the 40+ nations who nationals are eligible for a no-cost "visa-free" entry.. A 'visa-free' entry means you are admitted for a period of not more than 30 days (at an airport) by Immigration and and do not need to have a formal visa in your passport for entry purposes.

There are some requirements to avail of the "visa-free" entry program such as: entering for tourism purposes, intending to stay for 30 days or less, are in possession of a passport with at least 6 months validity, a confirmed round-trip air ticket, and adequate finances equivalent to at least 10,000 Baht per person or 20,000 Baht per family.

It's fair to note that it is not common to be asked to produce evidence of these components, but it is what is written as being the statutory requirements for the visa-free entry program.

The general steps are:

1a) On the aircraft you should be given a blue and white, two-part Immigration card (or landing card). Fill out both sections and leave them together.

1b) If you did not receive a landing card, you can obtain a blank one from the Immigration area just before getting into line/queue.

2) After deplaning, you'll walk to immigration and get into line.

3) At the inspectors desk s/he will tear your card apart and retain the arrivals section, s/he will also and stamp your passport with a rectangular entry stamp which will show: a) your arrival date, b) your visa class/status and c) your authorized period of stay in the Kingdom. The remaining departures section of the card will also be stamped and will then be stapled into your passport right next to the entry stamp that was just applied. Do NOT loose the departures card as it's required when you leave the country.

4) You'll then proceed into the baggage reclaim hall and exit thru the customs inspection area.

It's a very painless process.

Travel Safe,

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
774 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa requirements

Many thanks to you both for your prompt replies. All seems very easy and I now know exactly what to do! Bob

4. Re: Visa requirements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2010, 06:17