We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephank Treks close to Bangkok?

Fairfax, VA
Level Contributor
215 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Elephank Treks close to Bangkok?

I did do a search but most post are older.

Wanted to know options for an elephant trek (right language? learn about them, feed them, ride them etc) while in Bangkok. What are our options? Prefer to stay close to Bangkok or in driving distance. Do not want to have to fly somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephank Treks close to Bangkok?

Check out tour with tong. My husband and I did a day tour from Bangkok yesterday and it was fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for our guide Tom and the highlight was "elephant ride and bath" at our last stop. Not sure of exact location but approximately a 2 hour drive from Bangkok.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephank Treks close to Bangkok?

That sounds like Kanchanaburi. About the closest for a trek. Rides can be had in Ayuddyha.

Edited: 04 April 2010, 02:37
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephank Treks close to Bangkok?

Kanchanaburi is best option. There is one on the way to Erawan waterfalls which is the best, can also do elephant bathing there. The one near Sai Yok is ok, but not as good as the other one.

4. Re: Elephank Treks close to Bangkok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 06:17