We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

Can anyone tell me if the big shopping centres in Bangkok have carts or ride on cars for hire for kids please? We are having trouble finding a travel stroller that takes a child over 17kg. Would prefer to take our own stroller if anyone can recommend one that takes over 17kg. Realise pushing one thorough the streets of BKK would be hard going, but thinking could be good in shopping centres, airports etc. Appreciate any ideas/experiences. Thanks.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

I believe Central World has a service like that, but doubt if other malls do. A stroller (if you can find one) would be ideal but again as you say, not practical on most city streets.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

Thanks dragonc

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

just get a umbrella fold one from target, K mart. not the cheap cheap one but mid priced @ $70. we took one for our kids and great. quick and easy to fold up to put in taxi and on and off monorail.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

I can tell you they hold more than 17kgs. take your child and try them out. plus add a few shopping bags on the handles and under carrage. ha it will get a work out I'm sure.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

thanks coxie, you've been a huge help. If you have any other tips you've written on BKK with anklebiters I'd be very grateful to read them.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

just message me with any questions you have, no problem to answer.

7. Re: Getting around with a 3.5 yr old in Bangkok/ Travel stroller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 05:17