We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

Brisbane
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

Can any one recommend a good 4 or 5 star hotel within walking or cyclo distance of the Patpong area. I have been reading a most interesting book about what goes on in this area and I would quite like to see it for myself - but without becoming too involved - if you know what I mean!

Thanks - John

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

Le Meridien

Glitz

La Residence

Montien

just few, there are lots more.

The most exciting thing about Patpong is the night market....

Edited: 05 April 2010, 07:22
wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

hi i stayed in the dusit thani which was literally about a 2 minute walk from patpong market.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,661 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

HI

Agree the Dusit Thani is a great area.

And I also agree that the most exciting thing about Patpong is the night market, some great, if over priced shopping. Did not seen much else, if you know what I mean, and we were really looking!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

the montein hotel you can watch it all from your hotel window. it over looks Patpong night market and bars.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

We stayed at the Montien which is just at the end of Patpong. Don't think you can get much closer! The hotel is fine with excellent service from the staff.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

Patpong is ancient history. Its overpriced as far as nightlife goes. If that is what you want, then suggest you change plans and stay on Sukhumvit. Recommend Majestic Suites Hotel on Soi 2. Rooms start at around $85-90.Its quiet, very nice, about a 4-star, guest friendly and close to Nana and Soi Cowboy and everything else on lower Sukhumvit. If you want more upscale, the JW Marriott is also on Soi 2, also about 2 minutes walk to nightlife, and rooms run above $200. The Nana Entertainment Plaza on Soi 4 and Soi Cowboy are much better nightlife venues, safer, more laid back. The rest of Sukhumvit has more bars, night clubs, great restaurants, massage, etc all within easy walking distance or easily accessible via the BTS. Theer are cheaper and pricier hotels in teh area too. Check out Agoda.com fro prices, good maps showing hotels near BTS.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,451 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

Patpong - overpriced and getting a little tired! You can stay in a different area, like the Sukhumvit Road area, and take the Skytrain to the Patpong area. I think there is more to walk to from a hotel in the Sukhumvit Road area.

Meter taxi cabs are cheaper than any tuk-tuks for foreigners. Just tell the driver to use the meter and the ride is cheaper. If you bargain the price you pay more. Hundreds of taxi cabs available, if one doesn't want to use a meter you can just get another taxi driving by.

With hotels starting around 600 baht for a room with air, hot water, private toilet and TV you can go cheaper if you want to save money. Even "no star" hotels are not a bad buy!

Here is one place on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 5. The Amari Boulevard Hotel is located across from the Foodland Supermarket, at that supermarket there is a well known Took Lae Dee Restaurant, open 24 hours a day.

http://www.amari.com/Boulevard/

Just down from that hotel is the Fortuna Hotel, a cheaper place that has an "all you can eat" breakfast that is open to the public for 139 baht. (http://www.fortunabangkok.com/)

From this Amari hotel you can walk to nightlife on Sukhumvit and to the Nana Entertainment Center on Soi 4, NEP is cheaper than Pat Pong and with less hassle! (By the way, beer bars are always cheaper than go-go bars for everything!) From the Amari you can also walk to the Nana Skytrain stop.

If you want to save some money on everything book one night or two and check out some other cheaper hotels and see if they will do.

Edited: 07 April 2010, 14:29
Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

I meant Majestic Grande Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 2. Majestic Suites is on Sukhumvit around corner from Nana and is a clean guest friendly 2 -3 star hotel. Around US $45-50 a night. Clean rooms and very close to nightlife.

9. Re: Hotels within walking distance of the Patpong area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 05:17