We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinatown

singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chinatown

hi, appreciate advice on how much transport if going from erawan to chinatown? understand there'll be traffic snarl up so thinking of taking tuk tuk. what will be reasonable price?

Thanks!

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinatown

Air conditioned meter taxis are better value than tuktuks, which have a poor reputation when dealing with foreigners. You don't say when you will be going, but if its soon then take the skytrain to National Stadium (2 stops) then get a taxi from there. About 80-120 baht depending on traffic conditions.

singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinatown

Thanks so much dragonc! I will be going this Fri evening most probably.

I am quite moronic when it comes to sky train directions hence thought of taking taxi or tuk tuk.

Thanks for your tip on tuk tuk.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinatown

If you are going on a Friday evening then expect to pay more - traffic is at its worst on Friday evenings.

singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinatown

Oh gosh, thanks for the tip again. Guess i have to re-adjust my plans slightly then.

singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinatown

Hi again dragonc, how about platinum plaza? what's the best way to go from erawan with the current situation?

Btw, how is platinum plaza compared to MBK?

Thanks!

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinatown

It will be round about trip to get to Platinum right now. You could take the skytrain to Phayathai then a taxi, but I'm not sure how close the taxi can get.

MBK and Platinum are different - and MBK will be easier to reach by skytrain (National Stadium).

singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinatown

Thanks so much for your patience and kind advice dragonc.

london
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinatown

we were thinking of getting a ferry boat along the river to china town and india market, is this not the best way then?

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chinatown

Yes it a good way too.

Sydney
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chinatown

Sorry to jump on . . . but what stop to you get off the ferry for chinatown?

Thanks