We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Gate Street Vendors

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost Gate Street Vendors

last night we watched a television program called Rick Steins Far Eastern Odyssey and he went to a place in Bangkok known as Ghost Gate by the locals and there were lots of street vendors with food carts, we are unable to locate the area on any maps could someone please assist and direct us to an area/street. we will be in Bangkok in September and will be staying near Khao San Road.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Gate Street Vendors

Hi,

This old thread might help you out with directions:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k3…

cheers

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost Gate Street Vendors

Look at the map

thaicongenvancouver.org/PIC/bangkokmap.jpg

about 15 minute walk from Khao San road to Mahachai road, the road between the fort Mahakarn and Wat Ratchanatdaram( Loha Prasat). Then walk about 400 meters further down you will see a lot of the local restaurants. Thipsamai, Jay Fai and so on

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost Gate Street Vendors

Great show wasnt it! Cant wait for next week on down south.. we will be there in July and looking for Ghost Gate as well as a few other off the beaten path foodie places.. feel free to subscribe to my travel blogs to follow our adventures and get some foodie ideas at www.travelblog.org/bloggers/reet - I post all my adventures and photos there and will have Ghost Gate plus more after this trip!

Reet x

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost Gate Street Vendors

Yes, what a great show I'm also looking forward to next weeks episode.

Good one Reet, we are both looking forward to following your next trip. CJ

5. Re: Ghost Gate Street Vendors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 05:22