We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour With Tong

B'ham, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Tour With Tong

Hi Guys

I have been in close contact with Tong and have been quoted 9,000 Baht for the following. Is this a good deal, rip off or just about right?

- Private SUV tour for me and my wife with Tong inc. 2 extra hours

- Floating market

- Bridge over River Kwai

- Death Museum/Railway

- Elephant bathing and trekking and finally

- Tiger temple inc cub feeding and walking with adults

As she is one of the best around, to me this price seems reasonable but just wanted to know from previous travellers..

Thanks in advance.

G

X2 River Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours
Bangkok My City
Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour With Tong

That price is ok.

I take it that this includes everything.

I have used her and had no problems.

Ed

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour With Tong

That sounds about right... if you remember with two extra hours that is about a 12 hour tour from memory... plus the tiger temple feeding cubs etc puts a big chunk on to the price.. her basic fee is about 3000 baht for her and possibly a driver... the rest is petrol, admission fees, elephant bath and tiger temple (correct me if I'm wrong).

Break that down .... normally to bath with elephants in Chiang Mai on a full day is 7000 per person.... the Tiger Temple feeding cubs etc is quite expensive from what I've heard.....

Break it down and its $150 per person for everything including amazing activites like getting close to elephants and tigers with your own personal guide... pretty great price really...

And as for Tong... a lifetime friend.. you will love her!

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
B'ham, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour With Tong

Thanks guys

appreciate the response

will send her a deposit and get it booked

G

arctica
Level Contributor
931 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour With Tong

This tiger show thing and especially the cub feeding is heartbreaking. Instead of paying to feed the wild beasts, I would have paid TT to keep them away from contact with the tourists. At lest the small ones. What a sad business!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,504 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour With Tong

Ignore the comments about the tiger feeding. It is a very contraversial subject. We did the tiger feeding and I have some of the best photos that I have ever had taken. It is a wonderful experience. Go for it.

arctica
Level Contributor
931 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour With Tong

Photos like that only documents the human ego and are nothing to be proud about.

7. Re: Tour With Tong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:17