We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned form Bangkok.

auckland
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned form Bangkok.

We stayed in Sukhimvit Soi 11. Travelled by skytrain to Chatuchuk, MBK and River no problems. The military were in small numbers on Sukhimvit road around us as was rolls of razor wire. We carried on our sightseeing and shopping with no hinderance whatsoever apart from detours around protest sights. Life as normal for a tourist during our stay.

However we were there during the short period of a truce. But things look like they are heating up again. Glad i'm back home. I feel for all the people with tickets booked to travel as I know the apprehension that you are feeling.

Just stay well informed, these forums are a wealth of knowledge from people like DragonC.

Alstonville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned form Bangkok.

Thanks Kiwi, travelling 21/5 to Phuket but have 31/5 - 2/6 booked in Bangkok. Soooo want to go there. Will have to wait and see.

Not a great decision to make to NOT see Bangkok but I am obviously in your shoes before you travelled!!

Alstonville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned form Bangkok.

And YES thank heavens for DragonC, Curt et al

auckland
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned form Bangkok.

Hmmm, I dont think I would go to Bkk right at this very moment, however the poop might hit the fan this weekend and hopefully things will get resolved before you get to Bkk . After all it is 2 more weeks away for you. Just keep fingers, toes and eyes crossed and keep up with the current local Bkk news. If you go onto

http://www.bangkokpost.com/

and read daily it is a great insight also. Shame to miss Bkk but I'm sure there are also markets in Phuket.

You can always go back to Bkk another time as I think it is a cheap holiday if you get good fares. So cheap to eat and get around and cheap acccommodation.

4. Re: Just returned form Bangkok.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 06:23