We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

women's coat

millicent
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
women's coat

I am a first timer to Bangkok. I am looking for a tailor to select good fabric and make me a women's coat. Also,my husband would like a suit/shirt made please.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: women's coat

got to know Pinky, my tailor about 20 years

ago when I was living in Bangkok, tried several tailors but always returned to Pinkys.

After my time in Bangkok I have returned every year and thereafter also introduced his services to my husband and even some other great friends (also big airline bosses from Europe) and Bangkok expats - they all are still happy after several years of tailoring.

Last november noted also that Pinky had been noted in one of the new city guides - Bangkok City Scoops -which is the independet guide to hot spots, hidden finds and real experiences. He told that the writer also knows him during several years and that he never knew that he was a journalist.

Pinky has been very honest and knows exactky what material suits to what garment, I trust on him totally.

Pinky has all kind of materials, from fine italian mixtures and cashmirs to basic and cheaper thais and of course silks and sil mixtures. You can also bring your own material if needed.

No-one will visit his store by accident, no advertising or cheap here! Pinky's shop is well hidden behind the old Mahatum Plaza about 3 min walk from Ploenchit BTS station and you can find his store if you know what you are looking for.

Tel 66 (0)2252-9680

millicent
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: women's coat

many thanks for your information on a reputable tailor. Will definitely go there.

3. Re: women's coat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 05:16