We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

centrepoint silom

manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
centrepoint silom

Hi ,i have just been having a look at this apart/hotel for two nights in early jan. Do you have to give them a hefty deposit in case any thing gets broken etc please any ideas, thanks.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,593 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: centrepoint silom

It's just like a hotel. They take an imprint of your credit card - I think for 5000 baht - and then cancel it when you check out.

manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: centrepoint silom

Hi bill2p, thanks for the info,trouble is i cant seem to find a site that has any availability for two nights for the 3rd to the 5th of jan 2011 for two adults, lol but i will keep trying. Many thanks.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,593 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: centrepoint silom

You can certainly book it now at www.centrepoint.com. But I think you'll get a better deal through Agoda or Wotif.com. It's much too early to book. Possibly Centre Point hasn't yet even given room allocations for January to online bookers. And Wotif doesn't book more than two months in advance. If you start looking about late September, early October, you'll start to find the better deals.

manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: centrepoint silom

hi, again bill2p, i think i will leave it a bit longer then, and hope to geta better deal. Thanks again for the info.

Quincy, California
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: centrepoint silom

I stayed there. Its off to the side so cabbies have a little trouble finding it. A good safe place. Good sidestreets to knock around in. Even colocated with a McDonalds. Market in basic with all one wants. I liked the washer dryer in room I was always spilling food on myself. Staff knew good english.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,593 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: centrepoint silom

Taxis have no trouble finding it if you simply give them the address as Bangkok people express it: "Charoen Krung soi 46, Robinson Bangrak."

Say: "Charoen Krung, soi see sip hok, Robinson Bangrak."

manchester
Level Contributor
709 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: centrepoint silom

hi, thanks for the info about centre point it sounds great with the washer dryer in the room. I was not to sure about the location of it though, i want something very close to the shopping centres etc, my first choice was the legacy suites but im torn between a few serviced apartments, we are only there for one and a half days so not much time really want to make the most of it lol, Many thanks.

Quincy, California
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: centrepoint silom

Centerpoint had a good breakfast buffet. INteresting to people watch. I was envious of the Aulstralians who don't have to suffer the jet lag time zone change like me in the USA have. Takes a good day of a 5 day vacation just recovering. At least one can recover in the Centerpoint buffet. Great asian breakfasts but also Western food too, eggs made to order like omlettes.

Auckland, NZ
Level Contributor
336 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: centrepoint silom

If you want to be close to shopping centres then Centrepoint Wireless Road might be a better option. It is two minutes' walk to Ploenchit BTS station, from which you can get to all of the malls quite easily.

Centrepoint Silom is fine though, and the riverside rooms have a decent view of the river from the balconies.

We have found that booking direct through the Centrepoint website is no more expensive than using an acculumlator site.

10. Re: centrepoint silom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 05:17