We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
armidale
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
worth a day trip to Pattaya?

Is it worth doing a day trip to Pattaya from Bangkok? Best way recommended? Approximate cost please???

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

No really worth it for a day trip, but its easy to do. Take the skytrain to Ekamai station, next door is Ekamai bus station. Take a bus from there at a cost of about 120 baht, and they leave every 30 minutes or so. The Pattaya bus station is in north Pattaya close to Sukhumvit Road, from there you would need to take a songtaew to where you want to go.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,597 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

I've been visiting Bangkok since the 90's, living here since 2007. I have yet to find a reason to go to Pattaya.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

Its not that bad Curt, and the best bit is that you get to go home after LOL.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
273 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

Pattaya is definitely worth a visit - need to do more than a day visit...we have been going there for 14 years and love the atmosphere...and if you don't want to particicipate in the night life well you dont have to , we don't, but there is a lot more to Pattaya than that..fabulous restaurants and shopping..Non nooch Gardens etc...we got a taxi there and it cost 1500 bht but only 150 Bht from the airport on the bus..(only an hour) You should actually go there Curt...love to hear your opinion of it.... It is sooo underated.

Edited: 28 June 2010, 10:01
armidale
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

It's just that we usually go to Phuket which I LOVE!!! and this is my friends first Thai experience and we are only going to Bangkok :( I wanted to show her the beach and some different scenery to just city. Any suggestions?

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

Too much to do for one day if you ask me as Pattaya itself is not really famous for it's beachs..other things yes!Sure Drag' could reccomend a better day trip than there..wouldn't waste my holiday going there for a day!

armidale
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

Thanks so much, wont bother going now. Any other suggestions?

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

Well Hua Hin is worth the effort..but is roughly 3 hours each way by mini-bus from Victory monument(180 baht e.w.)I'd try to stay a night if possible as it is a long way to go just for a beach..but there are other things to see there like the monkey temple..but a lot for one day with the heat etc you'd be wacked!!

armidale
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

Thanks, Really won't bother. Plenty to do in BK anyway.

10. Re: worth a day trip to Pattaya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 06:18