We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

singapore
Level Contributor
289 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

My hubby and I plan to swim at least twice daily in BKK to cool off from the heat.

We are tall, so we prefer deep pools. Not the kind of pools where there is just one depth to it .Any recommendations?

I know The Atlanta, and Glow Trinity @ Silom (formerly called Room @Silom) has dive pools. Or at least The Atlanta one is an interesting 3metres depth.

Anyone knows of accomodation where there are deep pools? :-) Help greatly appreciated!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

The President Park on Sukhumvit Soi 24 has a pool that starts at 1m down to 2.4m.

singapore
Level Contributor
289 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

Thanks Lulufluff.

singapore
Level Contributor
289 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

Has anyone swam in the pool of Narai hotel? Would it be safe to say that older hotels of at least 30 yrs tend to have deeper pools? Hubby and i are dive enthusiasts and we just love deep pools, a dive board wld be a nice xtra:-)

Here is what i have consolidated thus far from reviews et al:

- Atlanta Hotel: dingy 50s retro pool, chipped tiles, deep with a dive board, eccentric owners?

- Glow Trinity@ Silom (formerly Room@Silom): pool with dive board, but in next building

-Narai: yet to find out

*Oh Yes, i have pool idiosyncrasies here:p*

any help appreciaed greatly, thank you

Edited: 02 July 2010, 07:49
Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

Narai has a small pool, about 9 x 12 meters which is about 150 deep in lower end and much deeper in the deep end (can not reach bottom with toes, not even close, if face above waterlevel) - this is with a "memory measures" when I've been there. No diving board and not very suitable for diving due small size and a number of guests.

singapore
Level Contributor
289 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

Thanks Mekans. We love doing our mini dives with goggles. That can be rather unnerving when the pool has dark tiles as the water seems "more dangerous with a bottomless pit" but it's also fun amidst swimming the usual laps.

i wouldnt let my 4 y/o near the water though! we are not bringing her for the trip this time so it's fine

singapore
Level Contributor
289 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

Is the pool at Narai sunny most times?

Edited: 06 July 2010, 16:31
7. Re: Hotels with dive pools/ deep pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 05:18