We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eva Air flights to Bkk

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Eva Air flights to Bkk

Has anyone had a recent flight with EVA . We had a total nightmare trip 5 years ago( Pot ***** Noodles for in flight meal Etc .)

Have they improved since then or should I stay with the more expensive Thai Airways ??

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

Well, I can't comment on the Eva Air flights from London but I took Eva Air in March/April from Canada and I found the food perfectly adequate.

southern england
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

we have used eva air last two years from london and both times were exellant we would have used them again this year but were going to vietnan good luck.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
563 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

I have flown several times from Heathrow with Eva Air to and from Bangkok and their food is fine. It will never win a Michelin star but what I ate on my last trip, from memory one chicken dish and one beef dish, was edible. I do remember that desert was great on the way out and pretty average on the way back but as long as the main course is OK -- which it was -- that doesn't matter too much.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
485 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

instant ramen noodles are usually served on EVA flights as between meal snacks, maybe you slept through the normal meal service?

Edited: 28 July 2010, 21:31
California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

Hi;

The Eva Air fleet B777 is the best for long haul flight LAX to Taipei .

I assume they use the same plane for U.K route too.

The food services are more than adequate with hot meals , tea,coffee

and soft drinks. & snack in between long flight.

I certainly don't waste USD. for a much more expansive Thai's airways

Mentioned in this post
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

Flew with them in March/April and the food outbound was ok but was excellent inbound. Have flown 3 times with Thai and 5 with Eva. Much prefer Eva Air.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,778 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

Hi,

I tend to agree with the others, and specifically how singhasam sees it... You're really not flying a particular airline--- specially in Economy class-- for the food.. Yes, you want it to be good-- edible, but realistically, it's going to be rather similar across the various airlines.. and every airline as bad meal cycles..

I always advocate to those who are rather specific in their eating requirements, to either; a) pre-order a special meal from the airline so you *know* what you're going to eat, or b) bring some small snacks/food that you can "fall back on" just in case the meal options on-board aren't up to your taste/standards..

I think if you were to fly EVA several times, specially on their newer B773's, you'll come to appreciate them.. I can't honestly recommend flying another airline over EVA, at a higher cost, based on the food/beverage product served.. Overall they are a very good airline.

Travel Safe,

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

I have used them many times over many years to Taipei and also to from the West Coast and they have been fine.

I agree with the poster about the'pot noodles' -was there a catering issue on the flight ? - Otherwise long hauls you should have have main meal service and at least another meal or snack service.

Edited: 29 July 2010, 10:13
Mentioned in this post
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
London
Level Contributor
29 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

Hi , Thanks for your responses. Although I had specific complaints regarding the food, it was the overall experience of the flight. The aircrew seemed to have less than no interest in making the flight enjoyable , one of my co-travellers asked if she could get a sandwich in lieu of the pot noodle and was told "NO" by a very surly flight attendendant.

I have travelled all over the world both on holiday and business and found that particular flight was the worst.

Someone else on the flight said that the staff should have been issued with cattle prods because they treated thier passengers so poorly

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eva Air flights to Bkk

I can highly recommend Eva air from LHR to BKK. We flew with them last year and they were brilliant when I got sick 5 hours into the flight - even moving us to Business Class later on so I could sleep.

In 4 flights with them I found them to be excellent with far more drinks rounds than on a recent BA flight to JFK.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand