We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying ba bkk-syd

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flying ba bkk-syd

Thinking about flying British Airways BKK to SYD.

Would like comments on them.????

Have you used this service ???

The price is very good .

John

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

Yes I've used them on numerous occasions due to joint alliance with Qantas.Suppose if it is a good deal on your ticket ..go for it,as 8 hour flight isn't that long to get too fussed over waiting an extra 5 minutes for a beer 'with attitude' !

Edited: 10 August 2010, 02:15
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

Thanks,I was planinng to fly Qantas one way.

I went on Thai last year, flight up was ok, I was a bit disappionted on the BKK-SYD .

Kind Regards

John

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

Look on Emirates site..they are the best to be honest!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

I recently flew back with BA. I thought QANTAS was far superior for food, service and facilities. However, if you have a good price, go for it. Although the BA service has deteriorated over the years it's still fine. Just don't expect too many smiles.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

Thanks for the tip,as a shareholder in Qantas ,I was so glad when they did not become one company.As the flight is in the evening I was hoping to sleep.

Kind Regards

John

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

Go Emirates you wont regret it....

Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

I've flown with BA a few times on this route...never had a problem with service...in fact found them eager to dish out the alcohol lol, although still find the Asian/Middle Eastern carriers better.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

I would see what Emirates or Thai are offering.

The only time I flew BA many years to and in Europe and I just found the service and in particular 'attitude' very poor so simply never used them after that.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

For this route, I used BA, Qantas, Thai, Emirates, etc, before. BA/Qantas not as good as the others, and often cost more. I have learned to forget about the food, etc, etc, when flying with BA/Qantas. Well, I am talking about Economy class. There is no real reason to fly with BA/Qantas: cost more, less service, food you want to forget. So, too easy for me to choose. Emirates prices comparable to Jetstar, a hundred or 150 aussies more one way???

It is interesting when flying Thai about the food. Leaving Australia, the food is always better than coming back, lol, maybe it is just me.

Cheers

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying ba bkk-syd

Thanks for you thoughts,

I have not been able to get an Emirates Flight at a reasonable rate, It is far more than the others.

Yeas the food on thai is not so goog on the return. Maybe after being in thailand and have so much good food does may any airline food seem average.

I need to get on and book. Snice posting this the cheap flight is no longer on offer.

Thanks