We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Select Genuine Massage Place in Thailand?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
333 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
How to Select Genuine Massage Place in Thailand?

How to Select a Genuine Massage Place in Thailand? I mean one great massage place might look just like one that is crappy from the storefront. Do you see if they use licensed masseuse (if there is such a thing) or got trained at such a place or something else or is it just plain luck.

John

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Select Genuine Massage Place in Thailand?

There are many so and so massage shops in Bangkok,this time I decided to try Dahra beauty and spa massage situated inside the Triple two Hotel at Silom,reviews are ok see for yourself...

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293916-d1…

Also you can book in advance through the internet and get up to fifty per cent discount on some treatments or choose you

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to Select Genuine Massage Place in Thailand?

It is rather difficult to say IMO. The reason is a great massage is subjective, some like the hard kneading and being tossed, bent arround like a pretzel. Others like myself enjoy a gentler massage without feeling like I have been in a fight.

The best bet is to go to the bigger spas (rarinjindra, sivara etc) and centres (healthland, wat pho etc). Those will most often have the trained and experienced massues.

As to the little massage places all over the place. I prefer going into those with older ladies sitting up front and of course to a place where I can have a look in through the window (as opposed to heavily tinted one way glass...wink wink).

Geneva, Switzerland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to Select Genuine Massage Place in Thailand?

There are such things as qualified masseurs and masseuses, who are quite "serious". I recommend Apinya Salon and Spa -it does hairdressing and pedicure/manicure too and then are open late. Surawong Road Bangkok and the number is 02 6371144

4. Re: How to Select Genuine Massage Place in Thailand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 05:16