We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver gold garden hotel bangkok airport

manchester
Level Contributor
716 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Silver gold garden hotel bangkok airport

Hi, thinking of booking an over night stay at this hotel, before we fly to phuket the following afternoon. Just a few questions please, Is it worth paying the xtra money for breakfast ? and upgrading to the suite room ? Whats the difference with the rooms please ? Also any other info or tips about this hotel would be most helpful please. Many thanks.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,679 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver gold garden hotel bangkok airport

Hi,

If memory serves me right, the suite is a larger physical room and has a couch & table set in addition to the other things that the base room has.. I didn't recall that the room was "that much" more in terms of faculties over the base room... but it was larger.. Never made it inside the bathroom/wc so can't speak to that part.. To be fair, I've never actually been a registered guest here, but this is one of the two hotels I recommend to friends when they come to town and need an airport area hotel.. and I've been there as a guest a fair number of times..

Is the breakfast worth it?... It depends.. You can get a better 'value' outside of the hotel.. but it will be cheaper than anything at the airport itself.. So, I'd say that it's a toss-up.. If your plans were to eat at the airport, then yes.. it's a good deal.. if you were planning to eat outside of the hotel in the immediate area, then no.. it's not that great of a deal..

In the end, all discussions of "is it worth it?" are largely a personal subjective assessment of how one person chooses to use their money and what s/he finds of value or not.

Travel Safe,

manchester
Level Contributor
716 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver gold garden hotel bangkok airport

Hi GOPBI, Thanks very much once again for your info. Its our first time to thailand and we are doing without the help of a travel agent, so i suppose im being extra careful booking hotels and stuff like that. There a few good deals for this hotel with agoda, so with breakfast some without but not with the room we wanted. However with there being a tesco and cafe close by we can take the deal and room we want , and get a snack at either of these places, cheers and thanks again.

wigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver gold garden hotel bangkok airport

Hi emerald36,

As this is your 1st trip to Thailand and your flight is only leaving in the afternoon I really wouldn't miss out on the opportunity of staying in central Bangkok. There are plenty of fantastic hotels with some great deals to be had and nothing beats being in the city.

I have been holding back booking a hotel for our trip in December but have just found a fantastic deal staying at Novotel Fenix Silom (new hotel) through Asiarooms.com

I know it must be mind boggling looking at all the hotels and areas which will mean nothing to you but i would really advise staying right in the city.

It is only a 30-40 minute ride back to the airport in a taxi at minimal cost.

Good Luck

Edited: 07 October 2010, 18:41
manchester
Level Contributor
716 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver gold garden hotel bangkok airport

Hi asiarocks67. We are going to stay in a nice 5 star hotel (royal sheraton orchid) when we fly back to bkk from phuket , we have two nights there before wer fly back to england. We dont arirve in bkk till late afternoon then we have to be back the airport for 11.30 am the following morning, so not much time really. Thanks very for your suggestion, im really looking forward to this holiday, cheers.

5. Re: Silver gold garden hotel bangkok airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 07:17