We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol ?

manchester
Level Contributor
712 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol ?

Hi, My partner and i will be flying to bangkok from heathrow next week, and wanted to take a bottle of spirit for hour hotel room. Can we buy it from heathrow once we get to duty free ? or is it cheaper to buy from the supermarkets there please ?. Thanks.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol ?

duty free,someone said it was cheaper on the plane,but probably not as many varieties,wine is very expensive here,tell me what you drink, and give me a couple of choices and i will go look tomorrow,and then you can make your decision,No problem,also your allowed 1 litre each,and is your flight non-stop,if not, you will have a problem bringing through security,so you must purchase at your last stop,then BKK or wherever,it's 1;30am now,will post prices tomorrow,or PM you.

Montreal
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol ?

I also was wondering where do you buy spirits,specifically, vodka? What would the store hours be? Cost of brand names?

Thanks

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol ?

we have Tesco here,most tesco's are 10:00am till 10:00pm,i believe you can't sell alcohol after midnite in stores, other stores they have are,Foodland,Carrefour,Top's,one of the vodka's i like, Ketel One,i have never seen here,give me some brands you like and i will price them tomorrow,and post them.

manchester
Level Contributor
712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol ?

Hi boydstar6. We are flying from manchester to heathrow then on to bkk later that day. We have booked all the flights seperate so we need to get our bags from bmi to take to the eva air term. We like southern comfort and vodka , i also like the vodka that has apple, flavor in it . Cheers.

manchester
Level Contributor
712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol ?

HI again would you happen to know the price of golden virginia tabaco and silkcut cigs to bring back please. Thanks.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol ?

Spirits in Thailand are extremely cheap in comparison to many other countries and buying duty free just isn't necessary.Nearly all the popular spirits are sold here,easiest most accessable outlets are 7/11 conveinience shops,Tesco Lotus and most of the big department store(e.g. Siam Paragon Gourmet Food hall).Wine has dropped significantly in price compared to what it used to be ,can get some decent ozzie wines now for round about 700bhat now if you shop around..vodka about same price give or take!Happy hangover!

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcohol ?

Alcohol prices for both wines and spirits in Thailand are very expensive and you will certainly pay more than you would if you bought it duty free.

Buy a couple of bottles and take it with you.

Montreal
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcohol ?

Thanks boydstar6 for the help. So for vodka on the high end of things I like Grey Gooose but here in Canada we have Skye on the lower end which works for me! Smirnoff and Finlandia are other brands I know and like. So, now that we have you working what about Bailey's and single malt scotches? Thanks again for the help in coming to our aid in our holiday planning..... Priorities you know!!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcohol ?

Thanks boydstar6 for the help. So for vodka on the high end of things I like Grey Gooose but here in Canada we have Skye on the lower end which works for me! Smirnoff and Finlandia are other brands I know and like. So, now that we have you working what about Bailey's and single malt scotches? Thanks again for the help in coming to our aid in our holiday planning..... Priorities you know!!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcohol ?

Since you will be in Thailand you have to try the local brew. Sangsom, MehKong and Lao Khao. Very cheap.