We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air asia will i get my money back ?

manchester
Level Contributor
716 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Air asia will i get my money back ?

Hi , We can not get to bkk now because of the travel problems in london, we have had to cancel all our holiday plans. We are booked to fly out on 23rd to hkt from bkk cant get to bkk, will we get some money back from air asia or is it to late ? We booked all our things seperate so i think we may be a bit stuck. Im so gutted about missing our holiday. thanks

Paris,France
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

Hi,

No. But what you can normally get is the airport taxes.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,744 posts
1,729 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

If you have travel insurance there may be some recourse there.

Tommo

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

Sorry to hear of your predicament emerald36

Good travel insurance is a must

"We booked all our things seperate"

Try e-mailing the Hotels and such and explain your situation you may be surprised how under standing they can be.

You may be offered a rain check as we were after Bangkok 2007, we were stranded in Cairo

Good luck

inaspin

Edited: 21 December 2010, 09:44
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,623 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

Hi,

Air Asia covers this specifically in their FAQ's (section: Flight Disruption). It says in part,

"Can I cancel my booking and get a refund?

Answer : Once your booking is confirmed, it cannot be canceled and the payment you made is not refundable."

Air Asia FAQ:

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/faq.html

The only way around this is *if* Air Asia decides to makes a discretionary exception to this policy. *If* they did so, you would most likely be given a "credit shell" which would be retained by Air Asia for your future use. So, the overall odds that you will receive a cash/credit refund is very,very low.

As to the airport taxes, you *can* get a refund of any airport taxes paid on an unflown ticket. The process is laid out in the FAQ below:

"In line with industry practice, Airport Tax will only be refunded when contacted by the guest. To request for a refund, the guest should send an email to AirportTaxRefund@airasia.com. You will receive an acknowledgment within 15 working days. All Airport Tax refunds shall be subjected to a Processing Fee specified in our Fee Schedule.

The mode of refund will depend on the guest's original mode of payment when the seat was purchased. The refund can only be given to the person(s) named in the booking and not to a third party, in accordance to the mode of payment for the seat.

Do provide us with the following information when you contact us for your refund.

a) Payment by credit card:

1. The Reservation/ Booking Reference Number

b) Payment by Direct Debit or Cash or Travel Agent:

1. The Reservation/ Booking Reference Number

2. Bank Account Number

3. Bank Name

4. Name of Account Holder (Refund can only be given to the person named as a guest in the booking and not to a third party)."

Air Asia FAQ:

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/faq.html

Travel Safe,

Edited: 21 December 2010, 09:49
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

O dear I am so sorry to hear that Emerald, that is dreadful. I know you were so looking forward to your holiday.

London is suffering Siberian conditions and many passengers are stuck in Heathrow airport. Two thirds flights are cancelled at heathrow.

Good luck dear..

UK
Level Contributor
293 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

Such a sad state of affairs, I can't believe how BAA messed up this time. They just don't learn and/or not willing to spend money and make a real effort.

Also so much drama on news and tabloid, the met office also exaggerating everything to cover their backside too.

They said heavy snow last night in Heathrow, I watched the live webcam of M25/M4 around the area from 8pm till 12am and there was no snow to speak of. I noticed a few fluffs of snow for about 15min at around 9pm.

It's 3 days since the Sat morning snow and they still can't get two runways operational, it's pathetic really, if you think Gatwick had more snow and dealt with it a lot better.

BAA runs Heathrow to the capacity with very little or no contingency plans. I think snow is a scapegoat, Heathrow was just not prepared to cope with the number of passengers and flights on the busiest weekend of the year. Now that they are bought out by some Spanish firm I reckon there will be worse to come until government interferes properly and not just talking about it.

Well, I had my rant and feel better now, let's hope they get their act together for my flight this weekend..... !?!

GL

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

I feel so bad for you,sorry to hear about this ,Emerald,Boyd

manchester
Level Contributor
716 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

HI Thanks to you all for your kind words and advice on this matter, We have never flown from heathrow, always manchester which is about a 30 min car ride for us. I just cant belive that of all the times we have been away for xmas. we booked to go from heathrow and we have been planning it for ages we had it all mapped out its what you call sods law. lol.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

Oh that is such a shame. Do though if not covered on your insurance ask hotels and airlines if they can ( if refund not possible under their terms ) if you can have 'credit' with them to use at a later date.

e.g for hotel if you planned to travel during the year during low season when hotels have lots of spare rooms they may gladly let you credit that amount, certainly worth a try.

I know we must not get side-tracked but it does seem amazing with your EU and in particular after what happened with the Volcanic Ash that they do not have some mastermind expert 'plan' to cope with these disruptions.

So much of the Volcanic chaos problem appeared from afar that there was no plan of what countries could do working together with transport systems to get people moving.

I know their are massive logistics involved and Gopbi would know so much more, yes planes and crew in the wrong place etc etc, but it seems you have airports open and I wonder ( as I did during your Volcanic Ash problem ) why within the EU someone does not have the ability to insigate 'Plan B' and get people moving.

They 'knew' ( as I saw on CNN ) that the snow was going to continue into this week but only today are they talking about planning to use military to help clear runways, pity that was not done on Sunday - ok, my rant over but I do feel so sorry for you and others

Emerald - do try and re-arrange to come at another time, business are much more ready to give you 'credit' on the amount than refunds.

10. Re: Air asia will i get my money back ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2011, 05:19