We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa On Arrival

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mauritius
2 posts
Save Topic
Visa On Arrival

Does anyone know how long does it take to make a visa on arrival in Thailand? I am arriving there around midnight on a tuesday. Is there going to be long queue at that time?

Edited: 22 December 2010, 12:44
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa On Arrival

we arrived Monday 6am, it took us 30 mins to get visa, collect bags and out. there's fast track line that costs 200 baht per persons - it was pretty quick, although there were not that many flights at the time.

Mauritius
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa On Arrival

Thanks for the reply. Wow that was pretty fast. I guess it depends on the time then. What are the documents needed to make the visa?

Edited: 22 December 2010, 14:27
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa On Arrival

Information for getting your "visa on arrival" is listed here;

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2491

Eric was clearly thinking of the visa waiver/exemption, which is not available to passport holders from Mauritius (assuming that is what you have).

Edited: 22 December 2010, 15:26
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa On Arrival

actually, i was talking about visa on arrival, not visa waiver

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa On Arrival

Hi,

My practical experience with the visa on arrival (the process of applying for and received a formal visa at the airport before immigration control) issue is that it can in fact be as quick as :15 to :20 or could be as long as :60 or more..

A large part of that range in time will be determined by how many people are in line in front of you, and what flights have just landed ahead of you.. Flights arriving from countries that are VOA eligible will naturally have more VOA applicants than from flights originating in visa exemption countries.

Overall, it's a well run and efficient process.

Travel Safe,

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa On Arrival

"actually, I was talking about visa on arrival, not visa waiver"

Sorry about that Eric, your location was set to Texas USA when you posted, not Kazakhstan.

7. Re: Visa On Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 05:56