We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour with Tong

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Tour with Tong

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used Tong for tours? I'm have real trouble getting a response, I know she's v busy but it's been weeks now. Initially had a response the very next day but now haven't heard anything back for several weeks. Was really keen to use her as the reviews on here are so good but worried may not get booked in, we arrive in 5 weeks and have limited time in Bangkok. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem and whether u did eventually get something booked?

Alternatively does anyone have any other

recommendations of people they have

used for tours? Looking to go out to the river kwai and that area.

Thanks!

Jo

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour with Tong

As its high season, I suspect she is just too busy right now. Many of the guides listed in the Top Questions on the right will also be busy but its a good idea to try a few or you may end up with no one.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour with Tong

Thanks! I have had a response back from wander who had good reviews, although she was quite expensive. Just awaiting a price back from Rabbit, saw someone on the forum recommend him and he's been v quick on responding. May try a few others as well. Just a shame as I know tong is free on the date we wanted from the original email and she has such good reviews, just didn't realise how busy the guides get, at least we know now for future trips to start organising well in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour with Tong

No one is that busy that they cannot acknowledge an email. The way I see it, if they do not respond it means they do not want /need the business.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour with Tong

My wife and I used Tour with Tong and were very pleased with the services. Initially, I sent Tong a direct email and did not get a response. I then contacted them directly through their website (not through my own email) and she replied within a day.

UK
Level Contributor
893 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour with Tong

Hi, loads of tour guides in the FAQs all recommended from this site, so are tried and tested. We have hired Wandee on a few occasions and we will again later this year guess we all have our preferences..

Wandee is quietly spoken but good fun and entertaining to be with, we have had some great tours with her. Try sending her a mail to wandee@wandeetours.com , share your ideas with her and let her quote .

She has not got the the best website in the world but worth a peep.

Try contacting others am sure you will find something that suits you. Any questions please do send us a mail. It is a busy time but am sure the Guides are keen to earn.

Have a great trip to Thailand

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,091 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour with Tong

A slight disclaimer...

Although "recommended" not all are necessarily "tried and tested" to any great degree. Do a search to get actual reports.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour with Tong

Same here - I emailed last friday 14/1 but yet no reply. Am keen to hear about other guides that are recommended.

Thanks

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour with Tong

Thanks for all your responses! I've sent tong an enquiry direct through her website as gosundevils96 suggested.

I have had very quick and detailed responses from wandee and now have a price. Just waiting for a response from Rabbit (saw recommended on her by someone - if anyone else has used him abs has any feedback that'd be great!) and am just waiting for a price from him, so shall see what happens the next few days and try and get it booked!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour with Tong

Hi Joebella,

I am in the same situation as you, we are heading to Thailand in 5 weeks and I emailed Tong before Christmas and have never had a response.

I emailed both of the email addresses listed on her website but one of them kept bouncing back because her mailbox was full. The other seemed to go through so I have emailed that one a couple of times but still no response.

I have decided now that I will also try some other guides such as Wandee and Gift as we are only in Bangkok such a short time and I don't want to leave it too late to organise our tour and then miss out altogether.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour with Tong

joebella, this is a common complaint about Tong, in my opinion it's just bad business. I had the same problem with her and finally e-mailed Nook she's on the guide list to the right of your screen, she was wonderful so look for other guides beside Tong.

Collie