We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia (from Sin to BKK)... OK?

Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia (from Sin to BKK)... OK?

Anyone with experience flying with Air Asia?

Am a bit concern because I am flying with two young kids but at the same time it would save me $400 compared to flying with major airlines.

That amount of saving can buy me accommodation in Bangkok!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia (from Sin to BKK)... OK?

Thousands of mentions here on TA about Air Asia. They are fine but a no frills operation which doesn't matter much as its a only a short hop.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia (from Sin to BKK)... OK?

It's a Great No-frills airline,avoid the food,kids might like it,bring snacks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia (from Sin to BKK)... OK?

SHWL

I have used them several times on various routes; I did that very same route when I was returning from New Zealand to the UK on Singapore Airlines (SIN – BKK). I dumped one of my suitcases in the left luggage at Changi, as the luggage limit is a bit stingy.

But to be honest it all balances out, cheaper tickets and baggage allowance saves money to spend a week in Bangkok.

Don’t worry they are a child friendly airline all I would suggest is when you arrive at Bangkok, you have walk out of the aircraft down the stairs (not the connecting corridor from the terminal – as I guess this reduces the landing/ airport charges).

Plus it’s a bit of a walk to passport control and baggage reclaim. Air Asia is located at the furthest end of the airport, along with Bangkok Air. You may want to consider this if your kids are very young.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia (from Sin to BKK)... OK?

Budget airline where you have to pay for everything, luggage, food even water.

Dont bother bringing your own stuff as they will not allow you to eat/drink on the plane. Only Air Asia stuff is allowed. The food on the plane isnt that expensive (when compared with Singapore) so its bearable and you do save $400.

For a short haul flight, its bearable.

5. Re: Air Asia (from Sin to BKK)... OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 06:17