We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
214 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

What is the tallest hotel (or hotel with the highest rooms if some buildings have a lobby on higher floor?

Also, is there a really good restaurant you can suggest (preferably high, with a view) for a special occasion for a couple? (i.e. The Restaurant at the tope of the Park Hyatt Shinjuku in Tokyo would be perfect if it were in bangkok)

Thanks ;-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

Tallest is the Baiyoke 2 Tower, which houses the Baiyoke Hotel. The Dome at Lebua is just about the best (expensive) highrise eatery.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,853 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

aka the "Baiyoke Sky"

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
214 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

Thanks a lot for the info. The Dome at Lebua seems really cool! It's exactly what I was lookign for...

As for the hotel, which high-rise hotel would you recommend? Baiyoke Sky Hotel seems nice, but I'm not sure how it compares to the other high-end hotels.. Price is definitely not a issue, so I'm really looking for something amazing (nice view, perfect service, good location)...

I have been looking at the Mandarin, Meridien, Sheraton, Shangri-La, Renaissance, Peninsula and Millenium as welll...

Any insight? They all have great ratings on tripadvisor, it makes it difficult to decide :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

You can book rooms at the Lebua which are high up AND have a balcony - I think we were on the high 30-somethingth floor. There isn't any furniture on the balconies, and you have to sign a safety waiver before they will unlock the doors. However, they are perfectly safe - the handrail is very high and you would have to want to fall off to do so - and the views across the city are extraordinary. It's quite an experience. Also the Lebua's rooms are very nice and the service is very good. We'd very happily stay there again.

We ate at Breeze, which is the Asian cuisine restaurant on the rooftop of the Lebua, on the 51st floor. The Skybar is connected to it. Both were damn expensive and Breeze in no way offers an authentic Thai eating experience.

However, the service was just lovely, the wine list incredible (with mind numbing prices to match), the food was very good and the view while you eat is breathtaking.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 01:13
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

The Baiyoke is showing its age. Lebua is very good, although the Shangri-la, while not a highrise, has great views along the river.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

The Baiyoke Sky is definitely not high end, its simply high. If you want high end high rises, have a look at the Lebua State Tower, The Banyan Tree, Peninsula and maybe the Rennaisance.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
958 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

A couple of years ago we stayed on the 55th floor of the Banyan Tree for a week. Our room had floor to celing windows that faced Lumpini park direction with views the city - it was amazing. It was great lying in bed at night looking out across Bangkok. I was so sad to leave........

We had asked for a high floor in our reservation and we were only a few floors below the Vertigo Moon bar and restaurant which is on the roof top of the hotel.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
214 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

Mmonkie, thanks for the info... I have looked at a few hotels.. The Lobua rooms don't really fit my style (decoration and all), and also, since I am planning on going t the top floor restaurant for a special occasion, I think i would rather stay elsewhere... Peninsula seems really nice, I haven't looked att the Banyan tree yet... What do you think of the Meridien? Grand Centara?

Troubelonline: I hadn't considered the banyan Tree yet (as I just assumed it would not be in a high rise) but from your description, it sounds exactly like what i'm searching for...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

I understand what you mean regarding the Lebua, it's not my cup of tea either. I prefer the Banyan Tree.

The Meridian Plaza Athenee is nice. Other option could be The Conrad. Centara is centrelly located should offer good views. Not sure as to the quality of their high floors rooms though.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
958 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tallest Hotel / Highest Rooms in Bangkok

Banyan Tree is definitely high rise! Have a look at the photos on TA reviews to get an idea. We liked the area as well as some good restaurants etc about.