We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel IBIS Riverside

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel IBIS Riverside

I have read several reviews on this hotel, mostly positve. How accessible is the river taxi from the hotel? We want to use the water taxi to access the sights. How easy is it to get to and from the international airport? Thank you.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel IBIS Riverside

The time to get from the Airport to central Bangkok (Sukumvit) was approx 45minutes, but it depends on the time of day and traffic.

I personally use taxis to travel around in Bangkok. They are cheap and generally efficient. Have not used the river as I think it is a limiting factor and I would rather get to where I want to go asap.

Make sure you visit the Grand Palace at Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Phra Nakhon - amazing!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel IBIS Riverside

There is a cross river ferry which brings you to Sathorn pier where you can catch the express boats, or the BTS from the station above. I'd rather disagree about taxis, especially around Sathorn where the traffic is always heavy, as the BTS or the boats are most often going to get you where you want to go faster than a taxi.

For information about getting from the airport read the Top Questions "Airport Transport" on the right.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel IBIS Riverside

Dear bbtony, Thanks for your reply. How often does the cross river ferry run? As I recall the express water taxis run about every 20 minutes? Thank you.

4. Re: Hotel IBIS Riverside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 22:15