We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

hi,

in a few weeks i shall be staying at this hotel. i originally thought of doing some sightseeing, however i think that with jetlag and tiredness after a very long journey i should take it easy.

i am considering taking my little girl(aged 6) on a trip on the river but stopping off at a nearby temple or other attraction to give her just a little insight into thailand. can someone please make a suggestion that would appeal?

many thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

The Grand Palace (which contains the Temple of The Emerald Buddha) is 15-20 minutes by express boat. Other than that, there are temples everywhere you look, and a short walk (ask the receptionist) will bring you to a nearby temple.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

One interesting temple is about a kilometer away, Wat Yannawa : http://goo.gl/sosOQ

static.panoramio.com/photos/large/6564712.jpg

Edited: 13 March 2011, 08:02
Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

If you are not up for the sightseeing side of things..just do as tony says ,catch the Express boat (over the river opposite side from the Chatrium at Saphan Taksin)and just go for the ride breath/take in the sights!

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

If I am not wrong I have given you info about this last year,have you cancelled your trip then?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

Giving the turmoil of last year, that's a good possibility.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

hi chaps,

thanks for the replies

yes, i did get some really good information last year, however at the time i think i overestimated how much i would be able to do with my little girl, and i have therefore had to rethink what is reasonable for us to undertake considering everything.we are only in bangkok for 2nights, and 1 full day,but i didn't want her to miss out on everything.

again, thanks for your replies.

7. Re: chatrium suites-closest "attractions" by river

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 19:18