We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooftop bar

sheffield
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rooftop bar

Hiya does anyone know what hotels in bangkok have rooftop bars? Are these worth going to? How much are drinks there (roughly)? many thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rooftop bar

There're a lot of choices when it comes to rooftop bar. My favorite is Vertigo at Banyan Tree. It's on 61st floor of the hotel, open-air, so you get great views of Bangkok cityscape, if the sky is clear you can even see the Chao Phraya river. If i'm not wrong, cocktails are about 350 THB. service is very pleasant and you've complimentary mixed snacks.

for views of Chao Phraya River and Wat Arun, go to The Deck. usually go there for food (around 150-300 per dish) so don't know how much the drinks are.

if you want something affordable, then go to Pranakorn Bar on Ratchadamnoen Klang Road, a short walk from Khaosan. The view is ok with the Golden Mount in the background, the ambiance is laid-back and relaxed. no dresscode and prices are very pocket-friendly compared to others. cocktails are 100-ish.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooftop bar

Go to Labua State Tower's Sky Bar. It's amazing. Google it

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rooftop bar

Go to Labua State Tower's Sky Bar. It's amazing. Google it

Devon
Level Contributor
475 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooftop bar

Sky bar at Lebua really does have fab views. Cocktails are around £10 each, beer if I remember (was there a week ago so should really) was about £6 and coke £5. Not cheap but what a view.

Do remember to adhere to dress code, sandals for men are a real no go but trainers seem to be ok, long trousers also needed for men. Any shoes for ladies seem ok as are shorts if dressy.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rooftop bar

There are 3 great top floor bars/restaurants in Bangkok nowadays and it is really worth a visit:

- Sirocco at Lebuan Hotel/Dome on the State Tower is my personal favourite as it's most stunning. In same buildning there are several restaurants on several levels, inside and outside. You can have drinks first in Sirocco and go for dinner to another place in same buildning and still in upper floors.No booking needed for the bar but highly recommended for the restaurant. Menus can be found in www-pages too.

www.thedomebkk.com/web/corp_home02.html

- Vertigo is in Banyan Tree top floor; it has more covered, safe feeling but the food is recommended (have heard).

banyantree.com/bangkok/…vertigo.html

- Red Sky at Centara Grand Hotel is the newest one, something between these 2 above and dining options both inside and outside.

centarahotelsresorts.com/cgcw/cgcw_default.a…

Dresscode to all these top floor places is neat but casual; no jeans, shorts, sandals, tennis shoes.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rooftop bar

There is also a very reasonable rooftop bar at the Furama Silom, only about 20 floors high though, and around the corner from Chongnonsi BTS..

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rooftop bar

There are many ... check out this site:

milepoint.com/forums/…

sheffield
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rooftop bar

Thanks everyone for the replies I can't wait. Do you need to pre-book any of them?

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rooftop bar

It's recommended for dinner to hold a table for you as they might be solidly booked.

sheffield
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rooftop bar

What about drinks, can you just turn up? What is the best time to go? ie sunset or later when its dark and lit up! I am really looking forward to it, thanks for all the advice.