We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist in Bangkok

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Dentist in Bangkok

I am going to Bangkok end of week and thinking of getting my crown and vaneer replaced. any suggestions of where to go?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentist in Bangkok

Crowns need to be tailor made so be sure you have enough time for that. There are lots of good dentists:

Bangkok Dental Hospital

BNH Hospital Dental Clinic (good but more expensive than most others)

Bumrungrad Hospital Dental Clinic

Silom Smile

lots of others too.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentist in Bangkok

Dental technology means you can actually have a crown moulded,made and fitted in some dental clinics in Bangkok all in the one day....You'll obviously pay more for this but that's the reality now!!Still thousands ahead on Australian dental schedule charges...that's if you can get them to even quote you when you ring to ask!!!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentist in Bangkok

try Bangkok smile dental clinic. or Silom smile dental clinic . Prices are not bad and they do good work.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentist in Bangkok

I had 2 crowns made at Asoke Smile Dental. For crowns all the clinics prefer you to be in Bangkok 7 days. This is because when the crowns are made they are slowly heated to a certain degree. If you heat them too fast they can become weak and crack. (...You don't want to spend that money for nothing, do you?) They do not like crowns made 24 hrs because this increases the heat too fast.

They make the crowns there on the spot at Asoke Smile in Sukhumvit instead of sending them out to be made. Silom Smile is another branch of the same clinic. I just chose this branch because it was convenient. I was quite taken by the expertise ...so much so that I'm going back for 2 more crowns this trip. It isn't a luxury chic & modern clinic but did the job just fine. Their crowns look more natural than the work I had done previously in the North. They use high tech equipment and the crowns are quite natural looking. I got porcelain crowns. You choose the color.

I had crowns started at the beginning of my holiday and finished at the end. (May-be taxi somewhere that is easy to get to for 4 days than come back to Bangkok. I went to Hua Hin for 4 days.) You can divide up the appointments nicely.

(Day 1) 1st Visit - Dentist

(Day 5) 2nd Visit - Dentist

(Day 7) 3rd Visit If needed… Dentist

Edited: 12 April 2011, 02:38
Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentist in Bangkok

I had some cosmetic work done at the Thantakit Dental Clinic last Christmas and the dentist (Dr. Kukkong) did an amazing job!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentist in Bangkok

Hi.. ill be going to Bangkok this July and im thinking of having my teeth done too.. i've got 2 crowns and it needed to be replaced.. would you mind sharing me how much did it cost for the crown? thank you for you help..

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentist in Bangkok

I'm paying 12500 baht for a crown, but that does not include any dental work, just the crown.

8. Re: Dentist in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 13:17