We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Hotels Bangkok

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Hotels Bangkok

There are several Marriott hotels in Bangkok.

Which one would be more convenient for 1st time visitors for a couple of days.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,567 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Hotels Bangkok

Hi,

There are actually 6 total Marriott hotels here..

There's the resort over by the river... two executive apartments-- one on Sathorn, and one on Sukhumvit 24, the JW on Sukhumvit 2, the Renaissance on Ploenchit and the Courtyard on Rajadamri..

So, there's several to choose from.. but the different names are somewhat different in terms of what clientele the property is designed for.

While you haven't said what your plans are.. only that it be "convenient for 1st time visitors".. with just that to go on, I'd vote for the JW on Sukhumvit 2, or The Renaissance on Ploenchit for in-town hotels.. both these properties are very central and access to the BTS would be nearby within walking distance.. plus all the major shopping venues are near by.. The courtyard would be a close walk to the BTS as well..

The Resort is a little farther out, but that's ideal if you want something more to the leisure side rather than traditional hotel design.

The other 2 properties are still in overall good locations.. only that I suspect you're not looking for an apartment-style hotel

Travel Safe,

Bombay
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Hotels Bangkok

yeah! i'm staying at the Sukhumvit J W Marriot since the last 2 days and it is BANG in the center of all action. food, shopping (roadside and malls), skytrain...all within the vicinity. ...saves a lot of travel time! Great gym and pool with jaccuzi too.. go for it hopefull!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,567 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Hotels Bangkok

Hi,

As noted by another member, there is 7 total properties.. I missed the other serviced apartment property which is just barely a stones throw from the Courtyard property on Rajadamri.

Travel Safe,

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Hotels Bangkok

The Marriott Resort & Spa by the river is rebranding in November 2011: milepoint.com/forums/…

The Renaissance is awesome ... here is my review: milepoint.com/forums/…

More photos Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong: flickr.com/photos/…

The JW Marriott is one of the best in Bangkok as we have stayed at this property more than 120 nights in the past few years: flickr.com/photos/…

Marriott Mayfair Executive Apartments on Soi Langsuan is also good: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k436…

Regardless of which property you will chose, you will have a great stay. And please do write a hotel review and trip report!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Hotels Bangkok

Can anyone comment on the Courtyard Marriott (which is cheaper than the Rennaissance? location? safe area? good facilities)

Santa Ana...
Level Contributor
393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Hotels Bangkok

I never stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Bangkok but I believe its rates are lower than those of the Renaissance. It is located at the same area of as the Renaissance (Ratchaprasong/Erawan) with walking distance to Ratchdamri BTS station. This area which is in the heart of Bangkok is a very safe one but, as anywhere in the world, you must always excercise common sense precautions.

7. Re: Marriott Hotels Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 18:19