We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tong Tours???

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Tong Tours???

Hi All

I have been trying to contact Tong for the last month or so without much success. We have used her previously and found her service great but this time, she is not replying to my emails. Has anyone had any recent contact with her? Can you recommend another tour guide company of the same caliber?

Thanks

Plum x

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tong Tours???

Hi- Ive had recent contact with tong, although unsatisfactory information. Last email I received was last week. I'd say she's ultra busy.

Ive ended up booking with nook who was very quick to answer emails and provide info.

Surrey
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tong Tours???

Hi Poppy

Thanks for your reply. I did initially hear from Tong when I first contacted her back in Feb but haven't heard since so don't know if I have a tour booked for the date I wanted or not! Very frustrating....

I haven't heard of Nook - are they recommended on TA? If so, could you send me their website address?

Thanks very much for your help.

Plum

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tong Tours???

Hi - yes nook is recommended here. I'm just on the iPhone so can't find the email. She doesn't have a website but if you go to the top right of this page and look up the guides, she's in that list. She came up with a suggested itinerary for me within hours, whereas i exchanged numerous emails with tong, but really got no information. Good luck!

Woolgoolga...
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tong Tours???

I am also waiting to hear back from tong,maybe I could try nook as well,thanks

London, UK
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tong Tours???

I also gave up waiting to hear from Tong (still no reply from January). I have also booked Nook for 3 tours in July - replied same day every time I emailed with queries and English seems very good.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tong Tours???

I initially had difficulty contacting Tong, but she encourages you to just send the same email again. Apparently she has 2400 emails in her inbox every day, so it's understandable that some slip through the cracks. Not sure if this actually makes a difference, but going to her website and using the contact form seems to produce faster responses than just emailing her directly.

Good luck!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tong Tours???

I sent Tong a message on 21st May and have had several emails off her .. today i booked and paid for the tour :) I have read alot about Tong not responding but I have to say so far, so good ... can't fault the service :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
694 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tong Tours???

Anyone have an email address or website for nook??

Melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tong Tours???

We have recently booked with Tong for a couple of tours next week. There were a few delays in communications but it all worked out ok with confirmation today plenty of time ahead. It does seem as if she is super busy though.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tong Tours???

We have recently booked with Tong for a couple of tours next week. There were a few delays in communications but it all worked out ok with confirmation today plenty of time ahead. It does seem as if she is super busy though.