We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

massage

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
massage

Hi there. I will be staying at the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel. Do you know if there are plenty of massage places around there? Not the more expensive spa places. Are they all quite good and what should I expect to pay? thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: massage

Hi,

I know that opposite to the Pratunam Market there are about 6 - 8 massage shop to choose from. They are not those high-end one.

I tired the full body massage at one of those shops. The "room" was just making up of curtains drawn together. They will do a fast foot rub before bringing you to your "room". Dim lighted "room" with sound music in the background.

One thing bad for me are the girls. They kept talking among themselves while providing the massage.

But for the price of 190 Baht (if I dun remember wrongly) for an hour session of full body massage, it was money worth it.

Hope you found yours enjoyable too.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: massage

Yes there are med'..although it's a bit of trial and error trying to find a massage/massager that you are happy with in the umpteen massage places around town!There is one just up near 7/11 on soi 6 which is worth a visit..90 minute massage 350 baht depending on the type you choose

Phunnee Massage I think it's called!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: massage

Yes there are lots in that area. Just take a look at the shop pick a clean one that you feel comfortable with and go for it. There is usually a menu out the front with the prices for oil massage, foot massage, coconut oil massage, hot oil massage (linament), pedicure, manicure etc. There is a place at the foot of Nana Bts on the corner of Soi 8 that is really good. It has a waterfall out the front. Average price for 60 mins is 350 baht.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: massage

If you want to do something different and get out of the tourist area and go where the Thais go. Then take the BTS to On Nut station and follow the instructions at bangkok-travel-ideas.com/thai-massage.html

For example:

Pricing is 100 Baht for one hour or 200 Baht for two hours for a Thai Massage or 350 Baht for one hour Oil Massage (90 minutes 400 Baht)

There are photos of sign boards of other prices that you can look at.

The Thai Massage can sometimes be a litle strong as they cater for Thais, but "bow bow" will make it softer. Don't expect them to speak English.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: massage

Massage places everywhere....

100bht hr thai or 200bht hr for oil (in house massage at hotels or spas will be significantly more)

My advice if you find a good one - just stick with the same lady always. Bit hit or miss on finding good ones.

6. Re: massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 03:45
Sydney
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: massage

Yes...catch the BTS from Nana two stops down the line to Phrom Phong station,exit opposite side to Emporium,walk past the Robin Hood pub and look for Phunnee massage..cost is 300 baht for 90 minutes and more locals there than farangs...no happy ending!

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: massage

There are plenty of massage places all around bangkok. If you want a great massage, then go to Wat Po. They have a massage school on grounds. At Wat Po they will perform every technique of massage on you. You will be stretched like you have never been stretched before. It is a good idea to get a couple of massages elsewhere first:, so that when you go to Wat Po, your muscles won't be too tight.

New York City
Level Contributor
14 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: massage

Go to Sukhumvit soi 8 to the place with the waterfall out front....fabulous. Quiet clean etc. 1 hour foot massage...300 baht. Down the street on the right hand side.

That all said...look what is around your hotel....there are places everywhere....at 250-300 baht per hour try them all out! Cheers

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: massage

This is helpful to me as wel,thanks!