We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accupuncture for weight loss

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Accupuncture for weight loss

Does anyone know where this accupuncturist for weight loss is located in Bangkok? I heard it's near the Emporium Bldg. Does it really make you lose weight? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Emporium Suites by Chatrium
Emporium Suites by...
1,580 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accupuncture for weight loss

I'm not sure about the acupunturist you're enquiring about, but I have had acupuncture treatments for weight loss. It works, but you have to commit to at least three months of acupuncture (at least 3~4 times a week) and take herbal medicine 3x a day. The point of the medicine is to supress your appetite, eventually decreasing the size of your stomache. The acupuncture is done on your tummy area (the hardest spot to lose weight) and is connected to electrical currents. The electricity is meant to aid in breaking down your fat cells. I lost about 10 kgs. and felt great while doing the treatments, but since I stopped, I gained back the weight due to a lack of exercise and eating too much. If I had followed my acupuncturist's advice, I would still be losing weight instead of gaining it back. This treatment really requires commitment (like every other successful weight loss program).

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accupuncture for weight loss

Thank you for your helful information. So i guess it's still better to eat less. Thanks again!