We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NpjBnk
Level Contributor
287 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

Where to buy good quality goods but in cheaper prices? I want to buy clothes, shoes and few other such items and also a good LAPTOP.Please suggest me

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

Good quality and cheap don't go together

NpjBnk
Level Contributor
287 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

Hi

Namaste

I have asked for good quality (not very high quality) Quality and cheap may not go in London but I guess in Bangkok it is possible . Many people visit bangkok just to buy good and cheap goods. i think it is best place in Asia for cheap and good shopping.

Thank you

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

In Bangkok, just like everywhere else, you get what you pay for. Cheap goods will often mean cheap quality. Some quality goods might be cheaper than in your home town. As for laptops, buy a well known brand from a reputable dealer. For clothes, if you want decent quality, look for sales in the big department stores. There are many markets like Pratunam, and Bo Bae, but what 'quality' you'll be willing to accept is up to you.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

On MBK's 3rd floor, south end, there is an area of kiosks selling clothing. The quality varies, but good stuff can be found quite reasonably.

If you can judge quality, give it a look.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
339 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

Big C Supermaket-Goods

Platinum Fashion Mall-Clothers or you can get them made in a tailor store,i used Romeo and Juliet Tailor's House

Phanthip Plaza-Laptop-I can recomend J.T.B computer group for laptops (Giving Toshiba For VERY cheap(Intel Core i3,Windows 7 Ultimate,1 Year Warranty,500 GB HDD,and a couple more good points i found for 13000 THB!) )as far as i know

6. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 00:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

"Many people visit bangkok just to buy good and cheap goods. i think it is best place in Asia for cheap and good shopping."

If you know that , then why are you asking ?

NpjBnk
Level Contributor
287 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

Hi

Namaste

@LondonDesmond :Please don't be so rude...You also agree, to know about something in general is not what to know in real or specific. I have read and heard so many things on cheap and good quality goods in Bangkok but I have no idea where it is found and so on...that is why I am looking for suggestions/advices so that it would be easier for me when I visit BKK in late September.

Thank you

melbourne
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

MBK for shoes and clothes, sorry don't know bout computers

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to buy cheap but good quality goods?

You may find that the 'cheap & good' items are made in the same country where the good sold in your country come from.

Price may be a bit lower here but the quality will be no better here.

Plus 'cheap' is a relative description.

What is cheap for the people you heard the rumours from may not be so cheap for you.